Another new Turban owner ?

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
And whose could this be ?

c028ad7e56e3b6db476843be7e737ea4.jpg

I seem to recognise this picture posted somewhere ;)

I was at Bahnstormer for a service yesterday and had a test ride on the urban + scrambler (with high seat). The plate on the urban is from the dealer, quite cool indeed! They ride quite similar but I hated the TCK80 on the urban, the road tyres on the scrambler were miles better.

Loved the way they ride, simple, effective and lots of fun! Tempted to change the RT but struggle to see the urban as my only bike, it would be great to have both I guess!

Here are some more pics:

575284671adc28df4a2742d6ff18f455.jpg

033eaee7b55d61fb89e2151704f0a01c.jpg

d086cd9928c610b60a09ed3bd9ad5d4b.jpg

18e04417b4dd78f82dd37a64c68a1347.jpg

Hey guys, 'Believe' in the tyres, they're amazing, I initially crapped my pants but now after playing with them on mountain roads the only thing letting them down is the wear factor, mine are gonna be done it at 2500 miles, (the rear one)
I await other feedback..

Set of soft panniers, and it would be the coolest RTW bike in Christendom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, 'Believe' in the tyres, they're amazing, I initially crapped my pants but now after playing with them on mountain roads the only thing letting them down is the wear factor, mine are gonna be done it at 2500 miles, (the rear one)
I await other feedback..
They wear quickly for the first 1,000 miles then as 'more rubber' is in contact with the road the wear rate slows down :thumb2

TKC80's all the way for me

The U G/S is one of the best bikes I've ridden in a long time.

It's a simple no nonsense motorbike that will take you anywhere. I stuck a topbox on mine and i can carry what I need and look forward to my next weeks touring on the U G/S.

Calling it an Urban G/S was a mistake....... Mine now gets dogs abuse and goes where lesser GS'es fear to tread if there's a muddy track, gravel road or river needing crossed I'll do it on the U G/S just to prove a point.

FP.

I stuck a topbox on mine and i can carry what I need and look forward to my next weeks touring on the U G/S.

Interesting, could you please share more details / brand of rack + box plus maybe a picture?

It's a shame BMW doesn't do any dedicated luggage, I think a small set of black aluminium panniers would look the dogs danglies.

Is it true that the info button on the left is a dummy button i.e. it doesn't do anything? I asked the dealer and they said the button is redundant but given all BMW switch gears are the same they could not use a different one. A bit ridicolous TBH!

Is it true that the info button on the left is a dummy button i.e. it doesn't do anything? I asked the dealer and they said the button is redundant but given all BMW switch gears are the same they could not use a different one. A bit ridicolous TBH!

You nee to get yourself another dealer

It's a two way switch, with trip on the top and info on the bottom.... It only scrolls the menu on the top rocker. The bottom rocker does jack all.....

It's a two way switch, with trip on the top and info on the bottom.... It only scrolls the menu on the top rocker. The bottom rocker does jack all.....

If you have the BMW alarm you use the bottom info button to de-activate it ;)

The bottom rocker controls the tachometer on the RnineTs. But the Scrambler does not have one fitted as standard although it is plug and play to fit one (if you can get one and are prepare to pay around £500 for it and the bracket).

I await other feedback..

I agree; have had no problem with the Karoos after initially settling in, but my rear tyre is shot at 3,000 miles ��

I agree; have had no problem with the Karoos after initially settling in, but my rear tyre is shot at 3,000 miles ��

More than happy with my road biased Tourance Nexts - I do not feel the need for a set of more manly off road tyres
:aidan

Back
Top Bottom