EBAY: 1959 "custom" R60/2

Well at the risk of being crucified, or flailed alive, I do quite like it.

The panniers set it off nicely.

Not sure about the speedo arrangement, its looks like an original, but you can't see the warning lights in the headlight shell.

Price, well, ahem, bit pricey for what is effectively is a non standard bike, unless you have a motor to fit just sitting on the bench of course.

Well at the risk of being crucified, or flailed alive, I do quite like it.

The panniers set it off nicely.

Not sure about the speedo arrangement, its looks like an original, but you can't see the warning lights in the headlight shell.

Price, well, ahem, bit pricey for what is effectively is a non standard bike, unless you have a motor to fit just sitting on the bench of course.

I agree with you - I quite like the Bike - even though it is non-standard and has been "chopped" it's been done well and the panniers do set it off ......... not happy about the bronze coloured steering knob though.

Price - not sure who it would appeal to - if the Bike was original the price would seem to be reasonable by today's valuation ........ but the non-original engine "kills it" as far as value is concerned

all IMHO

These were lovely old bikes, in standard form, so really don't need to be messed with IMHO.

However, I quite like the retro panniers too; saw a guy with something similar in the Sauerland last year - not the rest tho; unnecessary & this retro chic hipster crap just translates as stupid expensive. Each to their own though, just not for my dream garage.

A simple test with these sort of bikes is the tires - if you actually ride a bike with these off road tires on bitumen it isnt hard to loose the tread at the rate of 1mm every four or five KM, so a decent 50 fang will kill the rear.
Most wankmobiles that we see pictures of have either had new tires fitted for every photo shoot or have never been ridden further than the local shopping centre can park at push bike speeds.
The rear on that bike is unworn, like most, which to me just confirms most are unridable lash ups which have only been built as ornaments.
But everyone to their own, if you just want a bike to post pictures of that is fine buy me.
It is just the presence that they are rideable and ridden for their intended use that irks some of us!

I like it, it's an old bike that is styled and looks like an old bike, far better than these new retro wannabe bikes trying to look like something that are not and can never be. :thumb

Bike is just up the road from me. Was thinking about taking a punt on it but I'd rather have a fully original.
Perfect age though....no tax or mot.

A simple test with these sort of bikes is the tires - if you actually ride a bike with these off road tires on bitumen it isnt hard to loose the tread at the rate of 1mm every four or five KM, so a decent 50 fang will kill the rear.
Most wankmobiles that we see pictures of have either had new tires fitted for every photo shoot or have never been ridden further than the local shopping centre can park at push bike speeds.
The rear on that bike is unworn, like most, which to me just confirms most are unridable lash ups which have only been built as ornaments.
But everyone to their own, if you just want a bike to post pictures of that is fine buy me.
It is just the presence that they are rideable and ridden for their intended use that irks some of us!

What a load of bitter old bollocks. Competition tyres will wear at that rate but there are plenty of off road biased tyres that don't (TKC80 or a number of Mitas tyres for instance). Personally I wouldn't put off road tyres on a bike unless I was using it off road but as you say....to each their own.
Some customised bikes will get used, some wont. Some stock classics will get used, some wont and guess what....some modern bikes will get used, some won't. Twas ever thus, get over it.

Back
Top Bottom