Engine touch-up paint

Wobbly65

Reaction score
While cleaning my bike following a recent 4500 mile trip I noticed a couple of tiny stone chips on the engine of my '17 Rallye. There's about 10 or so on the metallic grey cam covers but also a couple on the black engine. Obviously any satin black would do the engine buy anyone had to touch-up their own cam covers and found a good colour match ? I've tried a forum search but not had any luck. Cheers.

know its a bit late Wobbly..but did you have a fender extender on and the lower engine guard? ie. the cymark type..fraid its a must with these bikes, its only a 2 minute job to whip the covers off and for £20ish have them powder coated just look on a Ral chart for nearest match or go satin black to match the motor

I have an evotech engine guard and a machine art fender extender, fitted since new.
It's not stones from the front wheel but probably flung up by other vehicles as they are on the cam covers too. Just small chips but they need attention before they cause a problem.

Used this on the engine...it looked shit:blast

Attachments

• IMG_0760.jpg
    IMG_0760.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 590
If you find a good match Mark ,let me know, I've a few stone chips on my rocker covers too .
Probably take them off in winter and get them powder coated.

No problem eck.

I checked that site rdonson, they don't seem to list any with a black engine but I think the cam covers are all the same on lc models so I checked that but no joy. I'll email them and update this thread if they get back to me.

Thanks so far guys.

I have been in touch with Phil at RS BikePaint this week. He was really helpful and sent me a small sample of the cam cover paint, which looks like a really good match. The code he gave me was 38200.

I have been in touch with Phil at RS BikePaint this week. He was really helpful and sent me a small sample of the cam cover paint, which looks like a really good match. The code he gave me was 38200.

Many thanks :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom