Hexhead alu panniers fit ??

Deleted account 220319001

Reaction score
Bit of a random question but would anyone know if the hexhead alu panniers from the adv model would fit on the gs 800 adventure given the exhaust on the 800 is left side also.

To clarify, I can get an almost new set of alu hexhead adventure panniers for pennies if I decide to buy the 800 adventure.

The top case is compatible from what I remember, but don't think the boxes are. Best bet is to cross ref pannier part numbers

The OEM pannier cases are not especially strong. A good bump will twist the case enough to cause the lid seal to leak. They are all too easy to bump! DAHIK. :(

The OEM pannier cases are not especially strong. A good bump will twist the case enough to cause the lid seal to leak. They are all too easy to bump! DAHIK. :(

So in addition to sounding like a broken record have you actually made your own cases? Do they leak after a minor off like you say the BMW versions do?
And have you gained a massive amount of internal space or reduced the overall width enough to justify the twin silencer arrangement that you must have now fitted?

Of course, it must be assumed that you'll get a big return on the time/money investment you've made when you sell the bike (knowing that the o/e boxes have a good value s/h)?

Just a final thought .... due to your vastly superior knowledge did you manage to get that golden job at BMW Motorrad to rectify all the faults with their product range?

The OEM cases cost a fortune but they are no more than adequate. For the money they should be superb and they should make maximum use of space. It's not rocket science. Chopping a chunk out of the LHS case to clear the exhaust is embarrassingly bad. They could not even be bothered to make the parts up properly.

The only reason I've stayed with BMW is because the overall package suits me better than the competition. But it does not alter the fact there are far too many weak areas on these bikes.

We all put up with so much crap from these companies.

Back
Top Bottom