Help needed urgently.

wellsy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Selling TC for new TE so decided to remove Keihan headers and put OE headers back on. Put everything in place tried to start bike but EWS comes up on dash and no sign of life.
Any ideas?

The anti-theft device (ring which detects the correct key) - has gone tits-up (coincidentally)

Get a new one, and fit it before selling.

Even if it suddenly 'comes good' - it will, according to sods law............ fail when you start it for a prospective buyer.

Al

I think EWS is the immobiliser so I'm guessing the bike is saying it can't see or doesn't recognise the key. Have you had the battery disconnected.

Already agreed PX with dealer. Have not touched anything other than the exhaust and the cables for the flap.
Is antenna ring easy to replace as I have 2 left hands?

Try another key
Try starting it on full lock both ways resetting ignition in between each try
See if you can find a bikermate with a GS911
Swap ring antenna or use another along side it without removing it

Don't know if there is a separate kill switch on a TC so ignore this if it's irrelevant

This works on Hondas :

Take the key out
Put the kill switch to off
Put the key in, turn the ignition on and crank the motor with the starter button a few seconds
Take the key out
Put the kill switch to on
Put the key back in, turn the ignition on and hopefully start the bike normally

Hope this helps

Have you got both keys on one ring ready for selling it? I was told that it confuses the ews if they are all together.

Thanks for all the advice. Still no luck. Getting it trailered to Clark's tomorrow.

Don't know if there is a separate kill switch on a TC so ignore this if it's irrelevant

This works on Hondas :

Take the key out
Put the kill switch to off
Put the key in, turn the ignition on and crank the motor with the starter button a few seconds
Take the key out
Put the kill switch to on
Put the key back in, turn the ignition on and hopefully start the bike normally

Hope this helps

The BMW starter wont turn when the kill switch is off.

Back
Top Bottom