One to look at

Stephen H

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am not a BMW owner but spotted this today and thought that's looks very nice and so decided to post on here for other to have a look.

Attachments

• IMG_0783.jpg
    IMG_0783.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 842
From the amount of dirt on it, wear on the tires and the amount of heat discoloration on the exhaust, it looks like it was probably trailered there too!

From the amount of dirt on it, wear on the tires and the amount of heat discoloration on the exhaust, it looks like it was probably trailered there too!

More bitter old bollocks....seeing a theme here.

Well, I think it's a nice looking bike. The tank certainly looks better than the HPN one.

It's had a lot of money chucked at it so probably to shiny to actually ride :D

Edit: Is it lowered? Forks look short or is it the photo.

weird seat angle down to the rear having jacked up a bit presumably as on sidestand and without luggage, you can tell by the angle of the paralever/bevel joint. Suspension probably set up for shopping bags of wine or a heavy rider.

Melch, why would I be bitter, I have a R80 G/S PD, R100GS , R75/7 a F650 Funduro, in addition to my classic Brit iron.
I am fortunate enough to have the means to upgrade them to any specification that I consider will improve them.
I dont own a mobile or a camera, dont actually have any pictures of any bike I have ever owned, and cant think why I would want them - I still own most!
I am retired so I have plenty of time to use my toys, and the climate here in Adelaide is such that it is comfortable for riding 52 weeks of the year - although it is midwinter here it was 19C yesterday and I had a gentle meander under cloudless skys down the peninsula to Cape Jarvis, 300 km, 50/50 bitumen / hard packed gravel although if I had tried it could have been 90% unsealed even although I live 7km from the city center.
My annual mileage is starting to drop a little as I reach my early seventies, but I still managed 45,000 km last year,
which took me past the 1,300,000 km mark, 370,000 of them on the trusty G/S.

This in supposed to be a GS riders forum, but it seems to be increasingly about either unrideable or unriden lifestyle accessories , with perfectly good bikes butchered in the name of fashion.
They are of course perfectly entitled to do that, but there must be a dedicated wankers forum somewhere these guys could post there pictures of their wankmobiles without having to pretend that they are actually riding them.
And where people like youself go go and dribble over them!

You certainly do have the weather for it Beemerboff down under but, we have the opportunity to sample hundreds of good beers only a short distance from any locale in this sacred isle.
A winters rally, camping in the middle of nowhere and we can still knock up a BBQ and English lamb cutlets . Tally Ho with the mint sauce.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Melch, why would I be bitter, I have a R80 G/S PD, R100GS , R75/7 a F650 Funduro, in addition to my classic Brit iron.
I am fortunate enough to have the means to upgrade them to any specification that I consider will improve them.
I dont own a mobile or a camera, dont actually have any pictures of any bike I have ever owned, and cant think why I would want them - I still own most!
I am retired so I have plenty of time to use my toys, and the climate here in Adelaide is such that it is comfortable for riding 52 weeks of the year - although it is midwinter here it was 19C yesterday and I had a gentle meander under cloudless skys down the peninsula to Cape Jarvis, 300 km, 50/50 bitumen / hard packed gravel although if I had tried it could have been 90% unsealed even although I live 7km from the city center.
My annual mileage is starting to drop a little as I reach my early seventies, but I still managed 45,000 km last year,

This in supposed to be a GS riders forum, but it seems to be increasingly about either unrideable or unriden lifestyle accessories , with perfectly good bikes butchered in the name of fashion.
They are of course perfectly entitled to do that, but there must be a dedicated wankers forum somewhere these guys could post there pictures of their wankmobiles without having to pretend that they are actually riding them.

Utter Bollocks! I ride this bike hard every day with knobbly tyres on,in all weather and take it off road too. I put the small basic tank on it and it's great on the green lanes around North Yorkshire. I've done 3 European trips on it too. Wankmobile I don't think so I just look after my shit. The photo makes it look low front and high back but it's not. It's a great all round bike that I prefer riding more than all my other bikes.

Florence;4806293 Wankmobile I don't think so I just look after my shit. [/QUOTE said:
I'm with Florence, I too look after my shit. Who needs the "cred" of a dirty bike?
That bike is a credit to you Flo. :thumb

Melch, why would I be bitter,

I've no idea why you would be so bitter. The text below is evidence that you are though.

I have a R80 G/S PD, R100GS , R75/7 a F650 Funduro, in addition to my classic Brit iron.

You actually take note of all mileages of your bikes and work out all the miles you've ever done and then brag about it on the internet, along with bragging about all the 'stuff' you've got and how much money you have. Nice traits there fella. No one cares how many miles you do or don't do. You won't win any awards. No one cares either about how many bikes you own or how much money you have. Silly old twat.

As for Florences bike. Lovely bike Florence, nicely done sir.

End of the day Florence can do what he likes and also no matter how small or big the mileage is it does not matter end of the day bmw bikes keep you young and daft and makes you live longer,ive bought a bmw of Florence least it got me out of the house and down the garage cheers Florence !! aka sheene

Have you started the restoration yet Sheene? Good to hear from you again mate.

I know this bike & the owner- I did a trip with him recently & can vouch that he can most certainly ride a bike...and rides that bike off road regularly.I have done a few trips with him & his husband ranging from Western & Eastern Europe, Morocco to Western Sahara.
here he is on another GS ...but the bike in OP does feature.

he features onwards from 4.15; as does the bike!

Utter Bollocks! I ride this bike hard every day with knobbly tyres on,in all weather and take it off road too. I put the small basic tank on it and it's great on the green lanes around North Yorkshire. I've done 3 European trips on it too. Wankmobile I don't think so I just look after my shit. The photo makes it look low front and high back but it's not. It's a great all round bike that I prefer riding more than all my other bikes.

Nice bike amigo. What type of luggage do those racks take ?

Back
Top Bottom