Some Questions About The Hex-Head Generation 12GS

Mine holds an infinite amount of fuel, because however much I put in it still shows me a warning light and says "Fuel" on the display. Oh hang on ....

As the fuel pump ages, you may find it runs out of fuel with the tank RHS holding about 7 litres. If it stutters to a stop too early to be true, let the engine tick over for 5 mins and you may well be able to continue. Fuel should get pumped across when the engine isn't using very much. It wont move fuel when you are at motorways speeds.

As the fuel pump ages, you may find it runs out of fuel with the tank RHS holding about 7 litres. If it stutters to a stop too early to be true, let the engine tick over for 5 mins and you may well be able to continue. Fuel should get pumped across when the engine isn't using very much. It wont move fuel when you are at motorways speeds.

I was being facetious about the ongoing fuel strip failures :)

I was being facetious about the ongoing fuel strip failures :)

I guessed but then thought the issue of slow fuel flow does not necessarily mean being stranded with fuel in the tank or having to tip the bike over to get fuel.

The fuel strip should have been a great idea. Such a shame BMW screwed up the design.

My man says he's interested. Care to PM me deets? Year, mileage, mods, bling, farkles, etc.
I'm going to Overlanders in the morning to test ride a bike........ let's see how I get on.

I'll PM you my number.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Back
Top Bottom