BMW Survey

fred_jb

Reaction score
I was emailed recently to complete a survey - either as a result of my 600 mile services which was some time ago, or possibly triggered by me taking it in for the fork fix, before setting off on a long, near 3000 mile, tour.

Anyway, I gave the dealer full marks, but less than full marks to BMW for the questions about would you recommend to family, friends, etc, and also the one about the quality of the bike.

My reason, which I explained to them, was that I am not impressed with the design/material changes, presumably in the interest of cost cutting, which have led to the fork fiasco, nor am I impressed with how long it has taken BMW to do something about it.

My feeling is that this feedback to BMW helps to show the company that there are costs in terms of reputation when making ill considered design choices like this. Hopefully if enough people give similar feedback, this will give the accountants pause for thought next time they put pressure on suppliers to cost reduce important/safety critical components.

Fred

I was emailed recently to complete a survey - either as a result of my 600 mile services which was some time ago, or possibly triggered by me taking it in for the fork fix, before setting off on a long, near 3000 mile, tour.

Anyway, I gave the dealer full marks, but less than full marks to BMW for the questions about would you recommend to family, friends, etc, and also the one about the quality of the bike.

My reason, which I explained to them, was that I am not impressed with the design/material changes, presumably in the interest of cost cutting, which have led to the fork fiasco, nor am I impressed with how long it has taken BMW to do something about it.

My feeling is that this feedback to BMW helps to show the company that there are costs in terms of reputation when making ill considered design choices like this. Hopefully if enough people give similar feedback, this will give the accountants pause for thought next time they put pressure on suppliers to cost reduce important/safety critical components.

Fred

You name will be on 'the list' now :)

yeah i got one of those too ,it was a paper copy though not an email ...its some where on the local recycle centre now

Fred

My reply was very similar

:blast

The question about 'would you recommend to family or friends', is proven to be an accurate guage of your future intent to purchase. To recommend means you are putting your own credibility on the line. Based on your score in a range of 0-10 where 0-6 means Detractor, 7-8 passive or 9-10 Promoter, BMW will calculate a Net Promoter Score which is percentage Promoters minus percentage Detractors. A business with +50 NPS (Net Promoter Score) demonstrates strong business growth.

I wonder what score you gave 0-10?

I gave very low scores & stinging criticism in every instance, dealer service included.

The engine corrosion saga has really annoyed me & I will say so to anyone who will listen & many that don't want to

The question about 'would you recommend to family or friends', is proven to be an accurate guage of your future intent to purchase. To recommend means you are putting your own credibility on the line. Based on your score in a range of 0-10 where 0-6 means Detractor, 7-8 passive or 9-10 Promoter, BMW will calculate a Net Promoter Score which is percentage Promoters minus percentage Detractors. A business with +50 NPS (Net Promoter Score) demonstrates strong business growth.

I wonder what score you gave 0-10?

I judged that an 8 would best convey my attitude towards BMW Motorrad - i.e. could do better.

I gave very low scores & stinging criticism in every instance, dealer service included.

The engine corrosion saga has really annoyed me & I will say so to anyone who will listen & many that don't want to

So if you gave a 0-6 BMW should be giving you a call to better understand the issues and feed that into their system - well that's best practice. Dealerships and factories will all be given an NPS score based on the feedback and no one wants to be at the bottom of the *hit list.

In a reliability survey BMW is the 2nd most unreliable mainstream manufacturer (40% to have a serious fault in 1st 4 years) but scores high on customer satisfaction. Same on the car side with poor reliability which is rated as faults per 100 vehicles. What exactly is classed as a fault to be included in the survey I don't know.

Woman from Cannons rang me today, at first indignant that I'd complained about them, but it turns out their new customer unfriendly showroom layout is a BMW corporate thing

I whinged relentlessly about my engine corrosion saga of last year, apparently she has to give BMW HQ some feedback & I might hear from them again.

The point I kept making is if BMW make a shit product & then ask me what I think, I am likely to say they've made a shit product.

I also said that I was unhappy that as Cannons had serviced my bike one month before the warranty expired & the corrosion problem that necessitated an engine swap was detected only 10 weeks & a few hundred miles later, so I had good reason to think Cannons hadn't inspected it properly & they should have paid particular attention to known warranty claim aspects.

Apparently BMW might contact me, I won't hold my breath

The supplied reference number for logging onto the survey wasn't working. After 10 mins 23 seconds of waiting on the advised helpline I was told that I would need to go back to my dealer to ask that they regenerate a reference number.

Quality.

You name will be on 'the list' now :)

Mine will definitely be on a list after being asked to leave the BMW stand at the NEC bike show in 2015 after daring to complain about a problem to one of their technical staff in front of a group of potential buyers and being told that any issues should be addressed via the dealer as it is not within the remit of the technical staff to discuss problems with individual customers

Mine will definitely be on a list after being asked to leave the BMW stand at the NEC bike show in 2015 after daring to complain about a problem to one of their technical staff in front of a group of potential buyers and being told that any issues should be addressed via the dealer as it is not within the remit of the technical staff to discuss problems with individual customers

I'd have thought they'd have taken you into a VIP room for tea and cake - after all, you actually bought a bike rather than just looked at it :blast

Thats bad. I think it would have made me stay and annoy them more !

Back
Top Bottom