No drive...

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bike came in with no drive.
Expected the clutch/gearbox splines to be stripped but it was quiet when in gear and engine running with no whizzy noise at all, complete silence.

Gearbox out to find the friction material has disintegrated. All that's left resembles bunches of hair.
Only the second time i've had a clutch failure in like this.

New complete clutch fitted with the optional longer section of splined shaft on the friction plate . Jobs a carrot.

Any thought's as to why ?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Yes...... It's had a sidecar fitted that's been two up all around South America and clutch went while in Italy about to go up the Stella Alpina. :D

I'm a bit out of touch, is the longer splined section now readily available?

Think I'll maybe grab one for next time round..or if I'm at a loose end over the winter :D

Hi Steptoe
Now on 300 miles ,new clutch perfect ...Sidecar re attached all great.
Thanks again.
Desmondo

Last edited:
just out of interest how long does a clutch change take on the 1150 gs? 5 hours 6,,a week :D

Depends on your spannering skills and familiarity with the bike. The first time it will take you several hours probably but once you've done it a couple of times, or seen it done, 3-4 hours is realistically achievable.

The plates with longer splines seem to only be available for hydraulic clutch bikes, did the 1100 not have the same issue, or is the market just too small now for them to produce them?

Back
Top Bottom