Anyone done 100,000 miles on 1200 GS Watercooled?

My best friend Nick has done over 110k on his. Most of Europe and some Morocco. Budapest to Basingstoke in 24 hours.

Budapest to Basingstoke in twenty fours hours. I assume that was flying with Ryanair.

I don't believe that can be done riding.

Derek

Yep, Budapest to Basingrad, sat nav reports the trip as 1,835km and elapsed time of 20hrs 25 mins. It was not that bad given that a lot of that is through Germany.

Also Rupea in Romania to Basingrad, was a bit over 24hrs, was in one stint and was not the best fun in the world. It was however, quite an alarming number of fuel stops!
Sat Nav reports it as 2,526km with an elapsed time of 29hrs 57 mins and a stopped time of 3hrs 58. It did seem to take most of that time to get out of Romania.

not buying that,1100 miles in 24hrs ferry also,sounds like the sort of thing Nick Sanders might pull off,unless your mate nick is nick Sanders then I retract my comment

not buying that,1100 miles in 24hrs ferry also,sounds like the sort of thing Nick Sanders might pull off,unless your mate nick is nick Sanders then I retract my comment
BB, 1000+ Mike's in 24 hours is a very easy mileage done by the iron butt guys (https://www.ironbutt.co.uk) on a fairly regular basis. I've done it with the eurotunnel and I am no Nick Sanders. I know people who have done it with the ferry as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lots of guys on here and in the Iron Butt Association who would kick Nick Sanders arse in the long haul riding stakes. And they are nicer people.......:p

Don't see why not, I did 1036 miles in in 20 hours a couple of years ago and the first 5 hours of that were going over alpine passes.
I left Menton in the south of France at 5am and stayed on the alpine roads to Grenoble, 30 mins for breakfast in MC Donald's then the French equivalent of B roads to Leon.
Once I hit Leon at about 4pm I realised I could get back to Leeds that day if I hit the auto route so I did and was home by 1am. It would have been 19 hours or less if the A1 hadn't been shut.

Don't see why not, I did 1036 miles in in 20 hours a couple of years ago and the first 5 hours of that were going over alpine passes.
I left Menton in the south of France at 5am and stayed on the alpine roads to Grenoble, 30 mins for breakfast in MC Donald's then the French equivalent of B roads to Leon.
Once I hit Leon at about 4pm I realised I could get back to Leeds that day if I hit the auto route so I did and was home by 1am. It would have been 19 hours or less if the A1 hadn't been shut.

Fantastic...love story's like this.

TD...(Iron Butt Member)

That 'Nick' is me!
Details of trip a few posts above. It's not that hard to do especially if going through Germany. It is however exactly that boring!
I didn't take a ferry on either occasion, I took the chunnel.
Trip also includes no feckin' about and only quick breaks. Can't say I'd recommend it but it can be done.
I did see that one of the Iron Butt challenges is 1000 miles a day for 10 days. Can't say I'm interested, that is way beyond me!

Budapest to Basingstoke in twenty fours hours. I assume that was flying with Ryanair.

I don't believe that can be done riding.

Derek

Def doable esp on a faired bike... I ve done Vienna to Norfolk (150mile shorter than the above) in 20ish hrs with a 2hr kip and plenty of relaxed stops... on a vfr12 of all bikes so not the comfiest...

Will the bike cost me much! Could you please clarify where that question was asked by me? It's a very simple question, I'm interested in the reliability of the bike! It has always interested me, high mileage bikes and cars! Perhaps I should ask for your approval first, before I ask any more questions on this site! For your information, the cost is irrelevant!

My 2 year old GSA is now nearly up to 7,000 miles. To busy working to pay for life's little pleasures - like riding the bloody thing.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Can be done, I did Ysetet in Norway to Europort in Rotterdam.. 1200 miles in 21 hours on my old Africa twin..not iron butt but a sore one :eek:

Fair play to you folks,I'll shut me face!..I rode 500 miles a day for three days last September and by the end of the third day I'd had enough!

810 miles in a day, set off from Gamisch Partenkirchen 7:30am German time and arrived in Sunny Milton Keynes at 20:40 BST, 2006 R1200RT a fantastic bike and to think I chopped it in for a new RT LC which just does not have the same build quality, happy days!

Rode from Chianti near Tuscany on my GSA LC back to Aberdare in South Wales in one go, 1130 miles in 19 hours non stop couldn't believe how many times we stopped for fuel and road tolls it was the worst part of it

Back
Top Bottom