To go LC or not?

Another friend says he wouldn't have a bike with electronics but he rides an old British bike with troublesome carbs, drum brakes and Lucas electrics and assumes that because he spends his spare time fighting problems with it he would have do the same with a modern bike....makes you laugh really.
\
I have a colleague like the bloke you describe! Great guy ... but ...... !

... he rides an old British bike with... drum brakes ....makes you laugh really.

One thing drum brakes never did for me was make me laugh! It was only the appalling tyres that made them seem anything better than a liability. Disc brakes and tubeless tyres: don't go out without them! :D

Having had a 2012 TC and then changed to a new 2015 WC with all the extras apart from keyless. The TC felt better build quality, and I never had a problem. The switch gear on the WC feels cheap and flimsy and keeps on sticking, also the nav wheel is no longer working and has to go back in. Having said all that the WC is a nice bike to ride. But knowing what I know now, I would have kept the TC.

I have had 5 1200gs and my new 2017 Exclusive is the best so far, I love the extra power over the earlier bikes the gearbox finally works on this one! The only thing I am not 100% sure of is the new ESA as I preferred the soft/normal/hard suspension options on my old bike, although early days? I am even coming round to keyless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The TC is a decent engine, but the LC is much more fun IF you like to make progress :thumby:

My 2009 GS MU bored me after a K1200S and I tested a GSA TC which wasn't worth the price to change, but I still love my 2014 GS LC :beerjug:

from brand new i dumped the shite piss thin oil they run, got it Hilltopped for the fueling and fitted full Ti Akra ditching the cat, run the bike on the best oil you can buy, Motul 300v 15-50w, you will tell a difference with the gear change on the older LC's for sure

Look I'm not getting into why's and wherefores but my daughter's partner has newish LC and a K1600 but for me I'll stick with my old twin cam the 1600 nice bike but not keen on engine characteristics and also gear change as notchy as my oldie. LC well maybe I'm strange but I like my TCam and there is no way I would pay nearly £20,000 for a bike even though it's fine for him, by the way his bike seems ok in the paint finish department with no ragged edges so to speak. There again I'm an oldie pensioner, he has a very successful business so the 20 grand doesn't count for him and that's fine. I've ridden bikes now for 52 years so hopefully my comments are valid.
Contentment though is what I have, could be old age mind.

Thanks

Thanks love the thought and helpful advice and I mean that.

Thinking of keeping the TC at the moment but am going to test ride a 17 plate as some are so cheap for a nearly new bike.
I did like the 16 plate but not for nearly the same money.

As said before..In my opinion don't waist money unless the bike is getting old or expensive to keep. The new one is cool but not that amazing. Save and buy other good toys rather.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If not already done, put on a full system(second hand) and get the bike hilltopped. It will add that bit of extra to keep you satified for another year or so for far less money than a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom