Venus Bike Trap (Bmw lock)

You just got to give the OP 100% credit for making this, I know if my ride was not in my house garage with a CCTV camera watching it and garage alarmed, I would surely be looking at this, and like the OP says nothing is thief proof, what is built by man is always destroyed by man, once again hats off for the effort.

Definitely worth a well done on this Rocky. Looks a quality item, If I had to leave my bike in a less secure way than I do now I would certainly buy one.

Good luck with it.

JimmyMac

Top job there, unfortunately for me I can't get the bike on the center stand in my garage due to space constraints otherwise I would snap one up.
That would definitely slow down all theft attempts and probably stop most dead in their tracks.

Looks good yep you would have to paint target dabs on garage floor to drop your main stand foot onto to get it to align but shouldn't be impossible. One question from a friends son who's going to use bike to commute in London he asked me and I didn't know the answer, it was can he keep a pepper spray with him on bike in case of hoods jacking his bike.

I park my bike in a set position in the garage using a marker for the front wheel, which is less accurate than the feet for the centre stand. I'd estimate I'm in the same position +\- 15mm every time. The trick for me is to put on a small amount of RH lock to prevent the bike skewing to the left. I can't see that accurate parking would be a problem.

Sorry never noticed that, well that's everything thought out and to be honest locking down onto a concrete hard standing is a fiddle any you have to do it.

Thanks for the kind remarks guys, I will try and get a youtube video of it in action. it may help for people to see how it actually works.

It may not appeal to everyone, but for the cost of the Excess on most peoples insurance policy, it may just save you not having to fork that out. Plus-- You get to keep your bike and farkles :thumb

If the base under the wheel was longer facing front, it would stop the unit being held up at the back, and therefore pushed away...

Just an idea,.

Otherwise great job Rocky.

Back
Top Bottom