Rattly noisy engine

snaponphil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My new Rallye is booked in for the dealer to check out the engine noise, at first I thought the valves may need adjusting, but having a closer listen it appears to be coming from the centre of the engine rather than the head area, it also doesn't appear to be load related as in gear throttle on or off doesn't make any difference..

Anyone have any ideas.?

My new Rallye is booked in for the dealer to check out the engine noise...

Anyone have any ideas.?

Call me old fashioned, but doesn't the fact that you booked it in with the dealer mean the question is a bit superfluous? You'll just attract the usual detractors telling you it's cos the GS is crap, a bunch of speculation, some wild arse guesses, a dose of "they all do that" and, even if the right answer is in there, it still going to the dealer's and they'll either sort it or they won't. ;)

Perhaps the OP is worried about being fobbed off by a dealer with the old chestnut of 'they all do that ' when they are not .

However, in the case of the LC motors they are right they do sound like a bag of spanners in a spin drier

I took my Rallye in to the dealer and had a loan bike last week . The loan bike (2017 GS)was a lot quieter than mine and sounded like a sewing machine . Mine seems to be emitting the noise from the tappets , but I don't really care and just gonna ride it .

Stop complaining. Ride an airhead, then you will know what a noisy engine is. Just feckin man up and ride it.

:D

What I'm asking is 'has anyone got previous experience of a successful diagnosis & repair.?'
I've had an Lc previous & its a different noise, it's hard to explain & it's gonna be hard for dealer to diagnose I'm thinking.
I really didn't want anything major stripping but I don't think the tappets/valve adjustments are gonna cure this..

Back
Top Bottom