Tank range GS vs GSA

Thing is with the pre wc 1200gsa the plastic tank never gets damaged in the way the 1150 tank did, easily possible using s/hand bits to convert an r1200 gs to gsa big tank .

As long as you get the correct plastic tank cover for the age of bike it would be a fairly simple task and cheaper than getting a new bike.

Sure there is an article on the r1200gs info site

13 liters of petrol dosent weigh 13 kilos. You didn’t have to fill the tank anyway. The difference in handling more lightly was the fact that the bike is taller. I have had gs and gsa bikes and could not notice any difference between a ful tank or empty. Probably because I’m 110 kilos. I love the gsa and the range. I was getting 56 mpg on the Wild Atlantic Way riding with my brother on his 700 deauville (65 mpg). I was carrying a pillion and had 2 side boxes and a topbox. Normally I get 51 mpg. JJH

He knows it isn't 13kg, hence the ~

He knows it isn't 13kg, hence the ~

Oh bollocks. My mistake. Never knew that. They didn’t have them in my day. ~ Great. I can waffle away about anything and stick in one of these ~. I’ll put in 2~~to be sure to be sure. JJH

I agree with JJH I hardly notice any difference in handling with a full tank or empty with my 2006 GSA perhaps its slightly harder to get it on the centre stand full, but riding it no problem. And regularly get over 300+ miles to a tank full.

I remember talking to a BMW bigwig at the Intermot a few years ago and asking why they did not offer the option of either the standard GS chassis height with the larger 32 litre GSA tank or a GSA with lower GS suspension.

A perfect mid way bike for a lot of owners , said man in suit said they could not forsee a market for a lower chassis GSA.

What did they do after the WC models came out !!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom