HELP! I did a bad thing with the engine

bikerrob

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Loved reading posts here! Am getting a R1100GS back on the road.

For reasons I don't want to go into, a bolt was removed from the engine... and now it won't go back in.

I've looked through the Haynes manual and searched for diagrams online and I have no idea what the bolt does, can anyone help me?

Please see the pic and can anyone tell me:

DSC_0899_L.jpg

What it does?
Why it won't fit back in?

Thank you all!

You removed the bolt that holds part of the lower cam tensioner blade... Your gonna need advice on that one. Not sure if you can persuade it into position enough to reinsert the bolt without taking off the head?

Maybe this'll help you understand what that bolt is/was doing

Screenshot_2017-08-16-20-32-31.jpg

You could try removing the cam tensioner and slipping the bolt back in while pressing the guide down with a long screwdriver

If all a else fails, taking the Head off isn't too difficult a job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It's very simple... Just take off the rocker cover and move the cam chain guide so the bolt goes back in place.

Hi Team!

Your help has been brilliant. I managed to remove the sprocket inspection window and gently lift the cam chain, moving the slider up slightly to allow the bolt back in.

Lesson learnt and manual in hand.

Thank you all for your help!

Rob

Hi Team!

Your help has been brilliant. I managed to remove the sprocket inspection window and gently lift the cam chain, moving the slider up slightly to allow the bolt back in.

Lesson learnt and manual in hand.

Thank you all for your help!

Rob

So pay your £12 and join the body of the Kirk.
Next time - you might be able to pay the favour back when someone else (usually me) makes a cock-up.

Back
Top Bottom