Adventure LC in horncastle tonight?

The reason I have posted this is that I was riding back from a bike night last night on my KTM superduke. Overtook a guy on a GSA then proceeded to exit Horncastle on NSL. I dont know what this guy thought he was doing but followed me ( not too close ) with his three lights on and these were very bright. Bright enough to burn out my eye sockets!

Why oh why do riders think this is OK? When I had a GSA and would always switch off my running lights when following another bike. To be honest I had an examiner do this too on a Rospa test and found it very difficult to see his indicators. I had a word with him after the test and he too was unaware of their impact.

Its important to be seen but c`mon guys- there is something called overkill.

The reason I have posted this is that I was riding back from a bike night last night on my KTM superduke. Overtook a guy on a GSA then proceeded to exit Horncastle on NSL. I dont know what this guy thought he was doing but followed me ( not too close ) with his three lights on and these were very bright. Bright enough to burn out my eye sockets!

Why oh why do riders think this is OK? When I had a GSA and would always switch off my running lights when following another bike. To be honest I had an examiner do this too on a Rospa test and found it very difficult to see his indicators. I had a word with him after the test and he too was unaware of their impact.

Nah f that I leave them on. Was never an issue on the GS but in the GSA they're positioned perfectly to blind people.

They fulfilled their purpose then, you saw him.

Adventures are not hard to miss, lights or no lights.

Looks like from this thread most people think it's ok to have running lights on, even when following another bike.

Actually if the lights are too bright they do not fulfil their purpose. It is almost impossible to judge how quickly the bright lights (and hence bike) are moving towards you and to judge the distance, increasing the chance that a driver will thing they have the time to pull out.
If lights do not appear to be moving then they look further away.

i was in front of a guy with some high powered lights that he could dim and/or brighten off a turn button....before we stopped and chatted i told him the lights were varying in brightness as he was following me and were blinding....he said he adjusts them has he is riding depending on the light he is riding in !!!! why not just have them on or off FFS !!!

Not me then. Riding with about 8 bikes none of which was a Super Duke and only use the the spot/fogs during good daylight as I am conscious of the dazzle they could cause in dark conditions.

Nah, it was one bike on his lonesome. Think he must have been a bit of a novice as ended up going quite wide on the exit of a corner and ended up on the opposite lane. Numpty.

Looks like from this thread most people think it's ok to have running lights on, even when following another bike.

He wasn't following another bike, you overtook him then bitched about his lights being too bright for you!!

Back
Top Bottom