TFT screen and Bluetooth

Wait a minute.... I knew I had seen one before. I just couldn’t remember when.....:aidan

Attachments

• 2E08F050-5B4D-48CC-8CD1-4DCC991DFD75.jpeg
    2E08F050-5B4D-48CC-8CD1-4DCC991DFD75.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 728
One bit of good news, the TFT screen is not as easy to nick, it's now held in place by three clips, and not one. To remove the clocks the whole headlamp has to come out.

At least that what it's like on my GSA...

Fuel gauge on TFT screen

Borrowed a demo GS with the TFT screen today, nice and easy to use as a speedo and tacho but a bit fussy for everything else.
I could not find a fuel gauge on the display in the limited time I had, the distance to empty was always displayed (Hope its more reliable than the early F800GS) which showed 50 miles and the overall consumption was shown as 40mpg. The big problem is on my reset trip screen I was averaging 58mpg so when the person sets off like the original rider the 45 miles range will only get them approx 30 miles.

Borrowed a demo GS with the TFT screen today, nice and easy to use as a speedo and tacho but a bit fussy for everything else.
I could not find a fuel gauge on the display in the limited time I had, the distance to empty was always displayed (Hope its more reliable than the early F800GS) which showed 50 miles and the overall consumption was shown as 40mpg. The big problem is on my reset trip screen I was averaging 58mpg so when the person sets off like the original rider the 45 miles range will only get them approx 30 miles.

One option.......
~and another ......

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 743
  • homescreen.jpg
    homescreen.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 633
If you live in the sun, the TFT option is the only one to go for, really. Assuming that it will go wrong one day is plain silly. My LCD TV (TFT is LCD tech) has done more hours than my TFT ever will and after 10 years, with a bluray DVD in the player, it's as sharp as the day I bought it.

I also wanted the analogue on mine. Then I test rode a GS with analogue instruments and found them difficult to read (especially in the sun) and far more distracting because I had to really look to see. I don't actually have to look directly at my TFT because I can clearly see the panel in my peripheral vision. But if I need to, an instant glance tells me what I need. I imagine that those with analogue instruments might say the same because they have the experience, but not on a sunny day you won't.

Wait until you see the fuel reserve message on a TFT...”This fecker will self destruct unless you get it to a petrol station - NOW”

Just a quick question please....I have a Samsung phone connected to the TFT then, the TFT connected to a Sena 20s as phone 1 and a Nav6 connected to the Sena as phone two, everything works fine BUT if I stop the engine, I have to open the settings again to make it re-connect...am I missing something in the set-up ?

Have you tried the sequence of turning the headset on first then the bike, did your phone work ok through the TFT and not through the headset. I couldn't get any audio through the TFT I could start and receive a call but no audio in either direction.

I had an email today from the dealer and I quote :-

BMW have launched an update for the TFT screen which is proving helpful with connecting 3rd party software following on from customer and manufacturer feedback, also Apple have launched a new update which is also helping with pairing items although im not aware if your phone is included.

Mine will be updated on the first service just wish the weather would improve so I can do the 650 miles to get it updated and hopefully sorted once and for all.

I will try your suggestion re turning the headset on first, can't honestly say if Ive done this or not. As for phone calls thro the TFT, yes it behaves and I have no connection problems with holding a conversation.
I had a problem with my suspension and while they were fixing it they did a software update to the bike so maybe I have the latest and it works, I do know that the update takes hrs and if it doesn't go right they have to do it all over again with some display having to be replaced.

I will try your suggestion re turning the headset on first, can't honestly say if Ive done this or not. As for phone calls thro the TFT, yes it behaves and I have no connection problems with holding a conversation.
I had a problem with my suspension and while they were fixing it they did a software update to the bike so maybe I have the latest and it works, I do know that the update takes hrs and if it doesn't go right they have to do it all over again with some display having to be replaced.

Lucky man!
I picked up mine today, complete with all today’s software and cannot get anywhere with the phone
, TFT or nav vi is the same, I get music from my phone to headset. That music mutes when I make a call but none of the call comes through the headset. Feet are now cold as I’ve spent the best part of 5 hours in the garage this evening?
Big part of this was to be able to use the phone through the TFT so I’m fairly naffed off.
Phone is a X running 11.3.
Headset is packtalk on updated to latest firmware.
Everything works straight from phone to headset but that involves pulling the phone out to do anything whilst driving

What phone and headset are you using as all is working fine with mine, I don't know about music as I haven't got any on my phone and prefer audio books which I'll be installing soon.
I read a post a few pages back on what the poster had done with the same sort of set-up that I have and tried that....It worked first time.
Samsung phone paired to the TFT
Sena 20s paired to TFT as phone 1
Sena paired to Nav6 as phone 2.

Best of luck with the pairing, as reading this thread....a lot of hair pulling is going on and I don't think it's what people are doing wrong but the bluetooth on some bikes.

EDIT....Sorry just read all your post re your headset and phone....(if your local or anyone else thats having trouble)....Your welcome to try my headset to see if that works any better.

At NOG yesterday chatting to the master tech, or whatever they’re called now. Big updates, mor functionality coming “in the next 3 months”. SENA kit works because it has a shared protocol with BMW, others won’t. Current update probably won’t fix that, but later ones will. They don’t know what’s in the update, and advise if it’s working, don’t update. And it takes 3 hrs minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A little success

Success - well sort of,
Paired the Nav Vi to the helmet set only to Phone and navigation instruction on Phone 1 setting.
Paired the iPhone X to the Nav Vi and gave it full access to contacts.
Then paired the TFT to the helmet using phone 2 GPS connection.
Then paired the Phone to the TFT with no access to the contacts.

Phone works through the NAV Vi and media works through the TFT. One day BMW might get the connectivity working but until then this will do....

Ps I started with all bluetooth connections deleted, phone updated, Nav updated.

If you never listen to voice prompts for the Nav, is there any need to connect your phone to it ? Just connect the phone to the TFT and headset to TFT ?
Music, phone sorted, Navigation through the Nav as before ?

If you never listen to voice prompts for the Nav, is there any need to connect your phone to it ? Just connect the phone to the TFT and headset to TFT ?
Music, phone sorted, Navigation through the Nav as before ?

Love it to be that simple but if you do that you have no sound on a phone call, music works phone does not.

Love it to be that simple but if you do that you have no sound on a phone call, music works phone does not.

I collect my Rallye ADV next week and look forward to this winding me up LOL

Back
Top Bottom