TFT screen and Bluetooth

Cardo Scala Rider Q3
Samsung Galaxy S7
Nav V

I collect my Rallye ADV next week and look forward to this winding me up LOL

Picking my GS up on Friday, like you I guess next weekend will be full of angst........@£$% it, I'll just ride the thing :D

I use a Sena smh10 and everything connects it's just there is no phone call audio for me so I accepted it, de-paired and gone old school (no album art on screen, boo hoo!!!!).

All this gadgetry and we forget the purpose of the bike itself!!!

The GS is amazing and feels so good, planted and reassuring, enjoy her!!!! I'm going to as soon as this ridiculous weather improves 🤬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just pleased I'll finally be able to see what the speedo says, guessing has been fraught with difficulty these last 3 years ;)

Totally agree with you there mate.... This is my first GS, but R1200R was a nightmare for that too

It is all about the ride. It always has been. And all of my bikes have been fantastic. That said. If you spend money, any amount of money, for something claiming to be, or capable of something, then it should do it. Trades description act ?
Don't take it too serious, after all I just traded a year Old 18k bike in for a new bike for the TFT screen. How feckin mad is that.

Agreed!!! And LOVE your style on the bike change and why the hell not!!!!! The screen is sexy, fact!

C"mon, we've all seen the beautiful looking cars and bikes that are shite. Breaking down, bits falling off...... That doesn't take away any of the love the owner has for it.

I have just ditched my NAV VI. Hated the bloody thing. So no connectivity issues for me. I can't control my TT through the whizzy wheel but I never needed to before. The removal of the Garmin adapter took some doing and the TT some installing to make it look as tidy as the original installation of the Garmin, but I'm there and much, much happier.

Wow got shot of the nav 6??? And why is so bad?

Why on earth did you buy it then, doesn't make sense. All the cables were factory fitted you could have just voided your warrenty, crazy !!!!

Reverse order:

I bought it because it saved me wiring in my TT 400 and i thought I'd get on with it. I didn't.

Warranty for what? for the Sat Nav? I don't have it anymore and it's a standalone warranty for the NAV. I seriously doubt that unplugging a plug will void anything except the feed to the adaptor which was, afterall, the intention. I bought the Sat Nav seperately (i.e. not included in the PCP deal) The adaptor I will keep because that IS part of the bike as sold and they may want it back when and if I choose to return the bike in 3 years time. If I sell the bike later on then the buyer may want it.

Or perhaps you're talking about the warranty for the harness. Err, I'm not using it and never will. By the time I sell the bike It won't be under warranty.

There are a plethora of reasons I didn't much care for the Garmin product. Basecamp is one major one. I know there are other planning programs you can use but I quickly lost patience with trying to get EXACTLY the route i wanted to show on my satnav (yes I have spent hours looking at youtube and reading threads).

TO me, Garmin is Windows; spend hours and hours trying to get something to work; it's too clever for its own good and it thinks it is cleverer than the user.

TomTom.....well, TT just works. A bit like Apple to which I converted some 10 years ago and never looked back because in man-hours alone I have saved myself twice its price and it has lasted three times as long as any Windows computer I have ever had.

TT:
lifetime maps AND lifetime safety cameras for the whole of the EU. I have Sygic (£32) for the USA.
The camera warnings are clear and it comes up with a side bar with DTG; a rapid glance confirms that the 'bing" you heard is for the camera. It's extremely accurate too.
You can modify the DTG warning to almost any distance.
The planning software (albeit you need a connection to internet but where do you never have that?) is so easy to use, the transfer is instant and correct EVERY time.
It's easier to plan on the fly.
In TT you put a start and finish waypoint in, it then shows you a route on a map, then you alter the route by dragging and dropping (and it stays there). To do most of that on a Garmin you need to go through a number of open windows, ensure you are in the right "mode", do you have the hand tool? the pen, the elastic band? Arrggggh! I JUST WANT TO PLAN A BLOODY ROUTE.

And don't get me started on having to have EXACTLY the same settings on BC as you do on the NAV or the fact that it likes to thnk it knows better than you and proceed to reroute you on the fly because you haven't put enough waypoints in between 'c' & 'd'!!

I don't need the parameters page; oil t's and p's, tyre pressure, speed etc because I have a TFT with all of that on it already. I don't need a compass (I have that on my TT) because I don't go riding in deserts and remote areas. And to be honest, if I did, I wouldn't be rlying on an electrical apparatus for one! My phone/music comes through my F5MC via my TFT or directly fro the TT so I have control of media (via TFT), just not my NAV. But I don't control those things on the move anyway; I think it's a dangerous thing to do.

I bought it with a 20% discount and am selling it for the same money to a friend.

What is more, I am just about to set about planning my route from Valencia to Canfranc Station in the Pyrennees and back in the full knowledge that it's going to work seamlessly!!

Rant over, sorry for going off topic but you did ask.

Regards to all.

Just to add. I'm not saying that the Garmin is shit (even thought I personally hate it and I hated the Nuvï I have sitting in a drawer unused for many years too), I'm sure that in many ways it is far superior to TT, especially if you can get to grips with the more powerful BC etc. However, for me, a SATNAV is just that, a device to tell you how to get to where you want to go. I'm used to the way TT works, I can configure it more to my taste and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

I don't need to know how many steps it takes to get from a to b, the elevation, draw graphs of my route or anything else that BC offers. Neither do I need to go through a complicated process of downloading and opening a window in order to see satellite imagery of the route when I can just as easily do that by going to Google maps. But most of all, I don't want to waste my time trying to get to grips with how to make it work for me because all I want to do is plan my route and then go out and ride it.

Simples.... just like me. :)

Attempted to connect my scala rider G4, not having any of it. Samsung 7 edge connects though. Any help greatly received. 😎

Make sure your Scala firmware is up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi all, I have noted that people are saying 3 hours to update TFT. Will this add an extra 3 hours to service cost? Is this done as normal procedure, or do you have to ask dealer to update?

Hi all, I have noted that people are saying 3 hours to update TFT. Will this add an extra 3 hours to service cost? Is this done as normal procedure, or do you have to ask dealer to update?

It’s a free of charge update so you should not pay for it

In the U.K. dealers are only carrying out the update if you report problems with it

just got my 2018 gs a couple of weeks ago with tft
was out for a few miles yesterday, was trying to reset the mileage on the trip counter is there a quick way to do it? or do ya have to go thru the "my vehicle" menu

thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom