TFT screen and Bluetooth

true,,id spend the £600 on a trip to hilltop and sorting the shite suspension ;)

Next two Group Discount Dates at Hilltop for forum members are:
Oct 7th
Nov 4th

PM me to book.
John S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next two Group Discount Dates at Hilltop for forum members are:
Oct 7th
Nov 4th

PM me to book.
John S

thanks for that john :beerjug:...but i take geoff all my bikes straight from the crate top bloke

Hi;

I use a BMW Nav VI and a BMW Blutooth system for listening. It has very good sound quaity and its the only BT system that allows you to control the listening level using the wonderwheel while on the Nav VI ( or Nav V) music page.

Have just spent 45 mins with the service manager at the local dealer trying to get the TFT display to connect to a Sena headset. Could hear a ring tone for incoming call but no voices. Tried a System 6 with comms and it worked straight away. Hope to pick up the bike tomorrow and play with the setup some more. Not too hopeful that it’ll work and might have to fork out for a BMW headset when they arrive here early next year.

Have just spent 45 mins with the service manager at the local dealer trying to get the TFT display to connect to a Sena headset. Could hear a ring tone for incoming call but no voices. Tried a System 6 with comms and it worked straight away. Hope to pick up the bike tomorrow and play with the setup some more. Not too hopeful that it’ll work and might have to fork out for a BMW headset when they arrive here early next year.

Enjoy your new GS mate.

Let us know how you get on, I have a system 6, and it connects fine, phone calls and music from my iPhone work great, but I can't get any speech from the navigator VI.

On a side note, if you find that your phone APP names your bike as UNKNOWN, its been reported to BMW... so waiting for the fix. My dealer said the issue has been forward to them by BMW UK today.

Isn't it stated elsewhere that the new screen will ONLY connect with a BMW product,such as the System 6,whatever that is ?
BMW wouldn't miss a trick and obviously expect people to want their helmets as much as their bikes :rolleyes:

Isn't it stated elsewhere that the new screen will ONLY connect with a BMW product,such as the System 6,whatever that is ?
BMW wouldn't miss a trick and obviously expect people to want their helmets as much as their bikes :rolleyes:

Yes, just specced a bike online and it says "Requires helmet with BMW Motorrad communication system and smartphone (available separately)."

Thought as much. Will try and pair the TFT unit to the phone and also the headset to the phone. Didn't try that but it might work. I'll find out tomorrow. Sales guy had arranged registration for tomorrow rather than today.

I have connected my Samsung and my sena 20 s to the tf screen so not a problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I managed to connect cardo scalarider to TFT last week.
Now after a service unable to connect.
Maybe BMW have installed something into the software to make you use their communication system.

Only gone and got it connected ��
Don't know how I done it though.

I’m disappointed. TFT, Nav 6, Sena 20S and iPhone 6.
The 20S connects to the TFT and so does the iPhone, but no sound. Control of the media is rudimentary so far as selection and I get no sound.
I expect a BMW helmet with comms would solve that, but I doubt I would be able to talk to my riding buddies the way we do via the Sena. I’ll try using the Nav 6 and ignore the TFT Connect items. I expect the SOS thing won’t work without the phone connnected (how would it gain GPS and comms otherwise) so I’ve wasted £595 + the SOS thing.
The problem and the solution are to do with the integration between the TFT and Nav 6, which other than sharing the Multifunction wheel, share nothing. Open the Bluetooth connection up properly and the product would be perfect. At present, it’s a typical “early adopters” SNAFU (do I need to explain?).

Same experience here but with Nav IV and Sena SMH10. The Media setting does give me music, but as you said the controls for selecting music are a joke. The display is a lot easier to read than the old analogue one, so that is good, but paying £600 for a load of features that don't work or are so basic as to be useless is rather galling. Perhaps there'll be a software update at some point. I live in hope.

TFT software update in mid November, let's hope it addresses the comma with Bluetooth headsets is resolve.

Information was from my Motorrad Main Dealer who supplied the bike last Saturday. I'm booked in for my first service and TFT download in mid November.

This seems to be a Bosch issue, as the same issues are cropping up on the KTM forums. I’ve given up trying to mess about with it, as I’m not that fussed, for now, as there’s a big software update coming that will fix these issues.

Back
Top Bottom