TFT screen and Bluetooth

Pair your phone to the TFT
TFT to the Sena (phone 1)
Nav to Sena (phone 2)
Everything works ok on my setup that way

Why don't we all petition bmw to sort this out !!! all our equipment is fine and our phones no doubt pair with everything else that we use them with i.e the car. It comes to the point that we can say that the issue must lie with bmw. Their cars must pair ok ?
Ok there may be the odd occasion where there may be an issue with something but come on nearly very one here with a TFT has got the same problem. The way I see it as a single person complaining we don't make a lot of noise but as a group we can't shout loud and get noticed.
After all we did spend £600 on a fancy speedo that supposedly has connectivity but all we do have is a fancy speedo, not even my navy works through the phone crap really !!!

The various Bluetooth standards are all well defined. The problem URL’s various manufacturers do their own slight twist to make it work better with their own kit.
I have had hit and miss success with Bluetooth on my bmw car with various iPhones and iOS versions. Everything thing works fine then run an update on one component and I get no sound or hit and miss pairing. The next update and it’s fine again. Then the goal posts move again...
It’s not just BMW and it’s not just cars or bikes.

Ok boys and girls my dealer tells me there is an update coming by the end of the month ! They don't yet know WHAT it will do but its progress.
Whilst they have been helpful it would seem they are somewhat caught in the middle between us, the customer and BMW HQ !
I am having the problem as everyone else here so I made a call to BMW customer services (spoke to a lady who knew NOTHING about bikes, but was as helpful as she could be) THEY spoke to the dealer, the dealer calls me to say 'update coming' and I booked the bike in.

I for one don't believe that jumping up and down at the dealer will help in the least, don't shoot the messenger and all that. BUT it would appear we have ALL been sold something that is not fit for purpose at the point of sale. An issue I am NOT impressed with.
However, despite the hassle factor of wasting a chunk of time returning to the dealership it seems SOMETHING is being done to rectify the situation.

We'll see what happens. Fingers crossed.

M

I also got the "update coming end of the month" answer from a local dealership, and yeah, that's progress in a way, but there is evidence an update already exists and has been applied to some bikes. I wonder if the "new" update will have a different version number as the "old" 2 hours update...

2rdxnxc.jpg

See the ABS Pro, wording I guess, as opposed to logo, at the bottom there.... but my boot-up sequence doesn't have this!!!!!

Sorry, being geeky!!! I like to share!!!

Here is the Instagram post if anyone wants to see it :)

https://instagram.com/p/Ben9oE3jpoh/

HI ANYBODY IN THE UK GOT THIS UPDATE was at dealer today and they told me it wasn't released to the uk

Yes already have it, had the bike delivered 8th march with the ABS Pro logo at start up Only thing is, guess what !! the issuse with the TFT are still there no audio with the phone cant even get the Nav to work through the phone. Music ok but thats it, useless.

Yes already have it, had the bike delivered 8th march with the ABS Pro logo at start up Only thing is, guess what !! the issuse with the TFT are still there no audio with the phone cant even get the Nav to work through the phone. Music ok but thats it, useless.

Do you have NAV 6? If so my phone calls on Iphone 7 plus works fine along with music through Spotify. My headset is an Interphone Urban, know doubt cheapest on market but it does the job perfectly for my 40 mile commute.

My TFT to sena 20 to iPhone 7 has worked as it should from day 1. The only issue I’ve had is I’ve found you need to open the connect app sometimes to get navigation.

Today I did a trip with the Nav 6 fitted, paired to gps channel on sena and no problems hearing voice prompts. In fact I had voice prompts from nav and tft working at the same time.

I ain’t saying there isn’t a problem generally but it can work as intended so it’s worth persevering

Your post single handedly filled me with dread... I'm more and more on the opinion that there is another update, on top of the one that makes the ABS PRO logo display on startup. Guess we'll see how it goes after the onslaught of bikes updated next week(hopefully)...

Original Kombi software version : 001_011_081
Newish Kombi software ppl had upgraded to : 001_015_060
End of March software version : ??????????

My setup is IPhone 7 cardo packtalk & Nav 6.
Right !!
Headset paired with TFT, TFT SHOWS PAIRED ( channel 1 or channel 2 same result)
Phone paired with TFT, TFT SHOWS PAIRED
Music plays from phone through TFT to headset, can hear the music.
Phone book downloaded with recent call list, can initiate and receive a call but no audio in either direction. Also can't get the connectivity app from BMW to work as a Nav from the phone.

Tried it with turning the headset first with the TFT off, tried the phone on with the TFT but nothing.
Paired the Nav 6 again in combination TFT on channel 1 Nav channel 2 and vice versa still the same.
So my setup now is the phone paired to the Nav 6, Nav 6 to the Packtalk channel 2, channel 1 on the pack talk I use to control music from a second phone android via the cardo connect app all this works fine.

So in short the connectivity part of the TFT is totally useless to me what a waste of £600, as it is right now it's just a fancy speedo which I also have on the Nav 6.

So the way I look at it now is I will give BMW 6 months to sort it if not Trading Starndards will be involved and I will be asking for a refund for the TFT. I have already approached the dealer by email and spoken to BMW UK so date recorded, I will email at regular intervals to see how the issue is progressing. I suggest that we all do the same, may be they will pull their finger out.

If we all were made aware of the issue from the dealer how many of us would have still gone for the TFT ouption ???

I have a GS Rallye with the older analogue clocks. My phone won't connect to that either......:banana

But I am six hundred quid better off ....bhaarrrrhaaaaaa!

Alright, alright!
I must confess though (and I'm not just saying it) I do find the TFT screen a bit 'Kindle Fire' if you know what I mean. I am quite happy with my standard instrument panel although that said....... It is being looked at today, during my 6,000 service, as I noted a bit of condensation in it last week when it was parked in the winter sun.

Alright, alright!
I must confess though (and I'm not just saying it) I do find the TFT screen a bit 'Kindle Fire' if you know what I mean. I am quite happy with my standard instrument panel although that said....... It is being looked at today, during my 6,000 service, as I noted a bit of condensation in it last week when it was parked in the winter sun.

Naughty, are you trying to convince yourself.................:augie

Alright, alright!

To be honest I wouldn’t have bothered with it unless it was a freebie, I don’t need all the connectivity but now I have it I do appreciate its wonderful clarity.

Except the various issues, the TFT is an awesome piece of kit. It is super readable, the contrast and resolution are top notch, no reflection issues whatsoever, it's an improvement across the board over the previous instrument cluster, and weird Luddites or people trying to rationalize their TFT envy stating otherwise are just plain wrong( ;-) ). I would not have delayed or cancelled my order even knowing all the current problems.

That said, it's suffering from very serious growing pains, and BMW needs to get their shit together and, at the very least, do a better job informing their dealership network and customer.

Back
Top Bottom