TFT screen and Bluetooth

My TFT paired quite easy to the iPhone x and Sena SR10, the only gripe I have is you can't listen to music from the Nav 6 . it plays the music from the iPhone via streaming so its not the end of the world.

My set up is the iPhone X Nav 6 and Sena SR10.

I paired the iPhone to the TFT. The TFT was then paired to the Sena as a Phone ( setting one on the SR10) The Nav 6 was then paired to the Sena ( setting two on the SR10,Multipoint pairing. )
It all works fine ,should I be listening to Music ( on the TFT) and the nav gives an instruction or the phone rings, The music cuts and the Nav speaks. When spoken the music plays again where it stopped from.

The music itself from the TFT is better quality and louder than from the SD card in the Nav. I also found it more difficult to access the music search menu on the TFT. The Nav was quite basic for this.

All In All well pleased with the pairings and connections.

One tip would be when pairing, make sure the two items are on Bluetooth search obviously but turn off all other Bluetooth items in the vicinity. This seems to confuse the pair you are trying to connect too.

my interphone f5mc samsung s8 zumo 660 all work perfect after update from interphone what a great piece off kit it is with the tft

I have the TFT and a Nav VI and use a Sena headset

My understanding is I can pair my Sena to the Nav VI and get voice navigation prompts, make phone calls and stream music from my iPhone to/from it

What does pairing the Sena to the TFT do that pairing to the Nav VI doesn’t ??

Am I miss8mg something!!

Hi Pairing the Sena to the TFT will allow you to steam music (choose track) from your phone. Also you will give you access to your phone book on your phone and use the basic navigation on the TFT

Hi Pairing the Sena to the TFT will allow you to steam music (choose track) from your phone. Also you will give you access to your phone book on your phone and use the basic navigation on the TFT

As I never listen to music and the nav directions on the TFT are very basic I just pair it all to the nav6 and use the TFT as a speedo, trip, etc. all I need.

Can you not stream music to the Nav VI from your phone then?

Not that I’m aware of!
You can directly from your phone to Sena, but then when the sena and phone are paired you can not also be paired to tft as it ties itself in knots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you not stream music to the Nav VI from your phone then?

yes, you can but on mine I found the sound quality better if I streamed phone to headset so I left it.
I tried the TFT set up but it crashed if I tried to connect to the pillion headset so I've gone back to the Phone and NAV paired to the headset differently as it does a better job of it. I don't miss not seeing what track is playing on the dash.

Sorry for being a dullard here: someone who has iPhone & interphone who has successfully set their tft etc can they Plse indicate the steps they went through ... I’m struggling & have tried numerous alternatives & have downloaded latest interphone soft wear.

Hope advise can assist ... Cheers

Hi, had a rough time trying to use the bmw connect app until...Got it working finally, stupid software: until you download your local map it wont work... but you don´t get any warning stating that :-(
Maybe this will help someone
Cheers

is there no one that can assist?

I've tried on numerous occassions ... interphone has most recent update, deleted all connections & still doesnt work.
I'm tryibg to connect; iphone, interphone & Nav 5 has anyone else connceted these & can inidcate the process you went through.

(I was told by BMW to connect through the Sat Nav, this doesnt provide music though?)

Hope you can assist.

The 2019 S1000RR (is that right, but you know the model I mean), has a lot more screens and designs, depending on activities. I hope BMW is going to retro upgrade any improvements to the R1250GS TFT screen to earlier owners. Wouldn’t that be great customer service.
You’d think it could be done via the Connect App. The app has had mixed reviews, but upgrading the screen through it would help with it’s acceptance. At present I still use my Nav 6 as I find the app so flakey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On mine (1250GS) it was: TFT phone (S9+), TFT Freecom 2, Freecom 2 (second channel) Nav 6 and everything works great (a caveat: before connecting the "BMW app connect" to the TFT (if you use it) first download your local map or it won´t connect and won´t tell you why)
Didn´t connect the passenger headset to the TFT as I don´t see the point as you can´t talk to the passenger via the TFT, perhaps a future software update?

Anyone with Sena (SMH10/R, SMH5, 3S, Nexx X.Com) issues know if this new TFT version helps?
SW Version is now 001_019_180.
Long shot & not very optimistic, but still curious.

Anyone with Sena (SMH10/R, SMH5, 3S, Nexx X.Com) issues know if this new TFT version helps?
SW Version is now 001_019_180.
Long shot & not very optimistic, but still curious.

Ive got the 10r...connects great to Nav and TFT ..thers a TFT connectivity page on facebook.loads of good info and examples of connection on there

I think the Sena 10R and SMH10R are 2 different headsets.
I'm referring to the SMH10R. Also my Nexx X.com is a Sena SMH10 and it is Bluetooth 3. However, there is a BMW helmet running bluetooth 2 which does work.
Mine works perfect for everything, except phone call sound is not coming through. My Nav V using the same pairing setup - everything works.
I've seen the videos before. Thanks for that though.

I have a 2019 GSA and the TFT connects fine each time. Headset is sena 20S. I also pair the Nav 6 to the Sena and don't seem to have issues. The connected app is another issue, I was told that I wold get the speed limit on my dash, it does not appear, and the bike is noted as T.D.B can;t seem to name the bike. Has anyone sorted the app connection out ?

Back
Top Bottom