TFT screen and Bluetooth

Ok so have emailed him!

Also, I wasn't suggesting that no abs pro wording in boot-up sequence means no abs pro, was just observing that at some point in the software revisions, they've added it or removed it!!

Hopefully he'll get back to me fellow GS lovers ��
Yes, mine doesn't show it as well. Strange.

14Anonyme-20180209-105855.jpg

BTW, my "BUGGY" software version (which also lacks the ABS PRO wording ) is : 001_011_081

My software has been updated today at Wollaston BMW. Not straightforward job but thanks to guys from Wollaston it’s done. ABS PRO on dash at startup and software 001_015_060

Unfortunately my F5MC still doesn’t communicate properly with TFT

ABS PRO on dash at startup and software 001_015_060

Thanks for the info, some change, at last. Too bad it didn't solve your issue.

I'm currently unable to bring my ride in for service and test the reliability of the new version with my gear. But I am eager to learn about the experience of other users re the bluetooth reliability.

A change from interphone to Sena got most functionality back for me - it’s just the Nav voice commands I now don’t get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My software has been updated today at Wollaston BMW. Not straightforward job but thanks to guys from Wollaston it’s done. ABS PRO on dash at startup and software 001_015_060

Unfortunately my F5MC still doesn’t communicate properly with TFT

This is great news matey.... At least there is an update eh....

I'll be hassling my local dealer 🤙
Thanks for the update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have posted this on another thread but just in case you didn't see it. I too have a F5MC but I haven't tried it yet with the new NAV 6.

Hi All, apologies if this has been said before (I'm new here) haven't gone through all 10 pages so I won't waste your time just in case, I'll keep it short.

I have seen (somewhere) I think on a Youtube video that some of the pairing problems "may" be due to the channels being used on certain helmet comms. I have only had my bike 2 days and I have only just managed to learn how to start it, let alone use all the gubbins so I can't honestly say I have had any of these issues or that I have resolved them either.

Apparently it is a good idea to READ the instructions that came with the helmet comms to see if there is a seperate channel designed or recommended specifically for navigation devices and use that one as opposed to the channel used by phones.

Also, the iPhone 6s (in particular) has "issues" with remaining paired with certain devices and in fact will not pair with some at all. I don't know if any of the other iPhones have a similar problem.

That is all.

New update this week. 6 hours to load. I’m booked Wednesday. I’ll let you know if anything improves.
John S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have they confirmed what issue(s) the update is supposed to address, still not able to get the SOS functionality which I am told is all to do with the TFT connectivity issue?

The new update takes over two hours to do and will work with 80% of displays, the other 20% will more than likely die and need replacing....This is what my dealer (AJs) has told me, what if any it fixes is unknown. My bike is in and as been for a week with an issue re the suspension in auto mode wanting to kill me.

Good luck with the suspension issue matey. Keep us posted somehow!

A change from interphone to Sena got most functionality back for me - it’s just the Nav voice commands I now don’t get.

Make sure the BMW app on your iPhone is set to always be active, I don't think thats the default setting. 2 weeks now and the TFT connects with my phone (iPhone 7) and headset (Sena 20) every time. I can even get the Nav 6 to give audio GPS instructions on the other BT channel though that is more hit and miss

Hi Rob - no the Interphone unit doesn’t work at all. That’s why I changed to a Sena 10U - which does work perfectly.

Nin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Had my software upgrade and just different problems. The SOS keeps telling me it’s not working although that was to be addressed in the upgrade.
Still can’t get, SENA 20, iPhone 6, Nav 6 setup to work with TFT. Back to using the iPhone 6, Nav 6 setup. Ho-hum, I’d have bought the screen anyway, but wouldn’t have paid the extra for the connect etc.

Hi I have a F5MC unit and I'm pretty sure that it works with it. The reason I say that is because I get a helmet icon on the bottom together with a phone icon. I also hear my nav instructions and beeps (from camera proximity). However, I have only had my bike about 3 weeks and so am not sure what it is I'm supposed to hear from the TFT if anything at all; I get everything through the NAV.

Only had the bike and screen two days so only had a quick try and connecting things. My F4MC connects, as does my Android phone, so tried controlling music from the wheel. I can select the music, and set it to play, looking at the phone the music has started and both the TFT and phone are reporting the track that's playing. I can stop and start the music, the only problem is I can't hear it through the headset! I haven't figured out how to connect the NAV V yet.

Bob

Only had the bike and screen two days so only had a quick try and connecting things. My F4MC connects, as does my Android phone, so tried controlling music from the wheel. I can select the music, and set it to play, looking at the phone the music has started and both the TFT and phone are reporting the track that's playing. I can stop and start the music, the only problem is I can't hear it through the headset! I haven't figured out how to connect the NAV V yet.

Bob

I’ve got F5MC and have exactly the same problem. Even update doesn’t have to sort the issue

Hi, my name is Martin, I am from Austria and I have a TFT problem.

Situation 1 - full reset, paired new
GSM: IPhone 7 (11.2.6)
Headset: Sena SMH10 (latest firmware)
BMW TFT: 001-014-070
=> navigation works and I can hear the instructions
=> listening music (Spotify) works
=> making a phone call doesn't work, I cannot hear anything, I cannot be heared on the other side of the line
=> syncing the phone book doesn't work
=> placing a call via jogwheel doesn't work

Situation 2 - full reset, paired new
GSM: HTC Android
Headset: Sena SMH10 (latest firmware)
BMW TFT: 001-014-070
=> navigation works and I can hear the instructions
=> listening music (Spotify) works
=> syncing the phone book WORKS
=> placing a call via jogwheel WORKS
=> making a phone call doesn't work, I cannot hear anything, I cannot be heared on the other side of the line

So it seems, that I have two problems...
Problem no.1: the iPhone 7 phone book doesn't sync as it should
Problem no.2: either the TFT or the headset is not able to transfer the telephone conversation

:(

Back
Top Bottom