Screens

Someone on here put a GS screen on their GSA so seems like reverse would work.

Those that have done so, find it flaps ( puts some stress on the bendy bmw mounting).

So they have added the cymarc, ( or similar) metal replacement supports, at the same time.

Those that have done so, find it flaps ( puts some stress on the bendy bmw mounting).

So they have added the cymarc, ( or similar) metal replacement supports, at the same time.

I could never understand then need for these extra brackets. I haven't got a problem with screen flapping about on my GSA. Unless ofcause you've got a "barn door" Puig screen, but then I haven't got a clue why would you want such an enormous and hideous thing to stare through. OEM GSA screen is tall enough for me and I am 6'3"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above .... I've had a GSA and now a GS to which I've fitted a GSA screen

Yes they move a little but I wouldn't describe it as "flapping around"

I fitted a third party screen to my GS, which I believe is based on the GSA one, and added a Givi Airflow secondary screen to that. I used the Givi reinforcing bracket on the left side only, and although there is a bit of movement at tickover and if hitting a large bump, it is generally pretty stable despite the extra weight of the AirFlow. The benefit of this arrangement is that it seems to direct the air flow higher, meaning that I can position the screen so that I look over it not through, but can still ride with my visor open if I want, even at 80+ mph.

I could never understand then need for these extra brackets. I haven't got a problem with screen flapping about on my GSA. Unless ofcause you've got a "barn door" Puig screen, but then I haven't got a clue why would you want such an enormous and hideous thing to stare through. OEM GSA screen is tall enough for me and I am 6'3"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm only 5'8" and found the GS screen far too noisy, regardless of setting. I fitted an XScreen which quietened it down and enabled me to ride with my visor up, but the screen bounced around a bit at speed - I also didn't like the look. I bought a std GSA screen but that too was noisy and moved about a lot at speed, so I ended up with a Puig 'barn door' with screen supports and it's perfect. On the low setting I can easily see over the top of the screen, it's quiet, riding at speed with the visor up is easy and it doesn't wobble - yes it is a fair bit bigger, but it's functional.

Some one is asking if my gsa LC screen will fit on the gs LC bikes
does anyone know if the fittings are in the same position please ?

Cheers

On a different note.

Have you got details of the GS bike lock u make, I can't find your original post. Also will it fit a K1600 ?
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom