ZZR 1400

snaponphil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys, my mates looking for a black & green ZZR (monster energy model)
Anything to watch out for.?
Looking fairly new or low mileage if anyone wants to move one on

They don't like repetative wheelie's it cracks the frame.
The brake pads are rather expensive as well.

Never had one myself meerly relaying the findings of a "motorcycle associate"

Pretty bulletproof in my experience. The problem is keeping your licence clean with a big Z or 'Busa. The performance is mental.

I have a 2015 Performance Sport model up or sale with just under 4100 miles on it. Owned it from new, cosseted it and not abused it. FSH by main dealer. Only selling as I've not ridden it a lot since getting the GS, although I did take it out the weekend before last. It's an awesome bike, bike I'm finding it hard to justify having two bikes. PM me if you're interested and want more details.

I have a 2015 Performance Sport model up or sale with just under 4100 miles on it. Owned it from new, cosseted it and not abused it. FSH by main dealer. Only selling as I've not ridden it a lot since getting the GS, although I did take it out the weekend before last. It's an awesome bike, bike I'm finding it hard to justify having two bikes. PM me if you're interested and want more details.

Sent pm & want more details plz.
Or drop me a text on zero seven 872 812 92 nine
Phil

Still looking for info & bike as the colour scheme isn't exactly what he wants on arealhumans bike. (Fussy cnut) but I do understand if u buy a bike that ur not happy with u don't ride it with the same enthusiasm.
Anyone got any ideas of luggage, panniers & top boxes as these bikes seem limited..
Thanks in advance & regards..

Good luck with your hunt - you can get all of the things you mentioned for the bike (a friend has exactly the same bike as mine and has these fitted amongst many other things), maybe ask on the UK ZZR forum. I'm perfectly happy with my ZZR, just preferring the GS right now! :)

Good luck with your hunt - you can get all of the things you mentioned for the bike (a friend has exactly the same bike as mine and has these fitted amongst many other things), maybe ask on the UK ZZR forum. I'm perfectly happy with my ZZR, just preferring the GS right now! :)

Hi, can't find forum, can you supply link plz.

Best luggage is either panniers if its a gen1/2 version or the Bags Connection Cargobag for the 2014 onwards.
I've used the genuine kwack rack/top box on mine and its now sitting in the cupboard unused.(for sale incidentally). The gen 1/2 won't fit the gen 2.5/3 as its wider.
Kriega US10/20 most times or the Cargobag if I'm away elsewhere other than the OH's and need to take stuff.
Seconds to fit and rock solid at Autobahn velocities without affecting the handling unlike anything else.

Luggage isn't limited - it's just most don't tend to use them in the same way so you don't see it.

Not thought about moving mine on (although beer tokens can be interesting) - although its hardly been used since the GS arrived last september - if I was doing the Italy run again I'd seriously consider taking it instead of the GS!
Effortless at 120+ and returns 55mpg at 90 on cruise.
The GS is a tractor in comparison and far thirstier.

Thanks Hammy, did the Autobahn at 90+ recently on my Gs Rallye & the speed killed the MPG..
& yes I agree the Gs is a tractor but I still luv mine..

Just ask if you need an other info - had mine since 2014 and love it.
Just nerve damage and other stuff mean the GS if the one I grab first day to day.

Thanks for the help guys, tried one out a couple of days ago, very nice bike, but alas not for me I don't think, after getting off the ZZR back on my Gs Rallye the Gs felt so 'chuckable' & easy to ride, but oh the Ohlins susp on the 2017 sport was sooo nice.
Riding position hurt my neck after 10 miles, strained to lift my head backwards, possibly the wrong helmet whilst on demo, also I would need bar risers.
My friend is still interested but coming from a Honda VFR 1200 will need some thought before committing..

Thanks for the help guys, tried one out a couple of days ago, very nice bike, but alas not for me I don't think, after getting off the ZZR back on my Gs Rallye the Gs felt so 'chuckable' & easy to ride, but oh the Ohlins susp on the 2017 sport was sooo nice.
Riding position hurt my neck after 10 miles, strained to lift my head backwards, possibly the wrong helmet whilst on demo, also I would need bar risers.
My friend is still interested but coming from a Honda VFR 1200 will need some thought before committing..

Yep these sports bikes are awesome, oh when we where young, but thats why we are tossers and have a GS now, but in todays world of controls and cameras and helicopters and planes buzzing over you, I will try to keep my license so gonna keep loving the GS, although got my first speeding ticket with the GS the other day 76kmh in a 70kmh zone, 10 euro fine, never had a fine with the Harley lol.

Yep these sports bikes are awesome, oh when we where young, but thats why we are tossers and have a GS now, but in todays world of controls and cameras and helicopters and planes buzzing over you, I will try to keep my license so gonna keep loving the GS, although got my first speeding ticket with the GS the other day 76kmh in a 70kmh zone, 10 euro fine, never had a fine with the Hardley Movinson lol.

FTFY :p

Back
Top Bottom