Thanks to forum for massive security help

Deleted account 191119001

Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to all the forum members who helped me find the security I needed for my new 1200GS 2017, I got the Anti Pinch bolt and squire lock, and 13mm chain with 2 extra 16mm links to be able to put it over the Anti pinch bolt, I ordered it on Tuesday and it was delivered to my door in Germany this Friday morning, I am chuffed it is a great bit of kit, its not light but feels leagues ahead of the ABUS stuff etc out there, just for info this is not a spam posting, its just a real thank you to all.

upload a new photo

Looks good, enjoy :)

Looks good, enjoy :)

Lol not sure I am going to enjoy lugging it around, but it gives me many possible solutions to lock up the bike on overnight stays in strange places, and I also got the Abus 8008 disc lock with alarm for the front wheel for cafe stops etc, so should be sorted now.

Definitely a good solution - similar to the one that I use, but Smogbob, not sure how you plan to use the two extra links?

Definitely a good solution - similar to the one that I use, but Smogbob, not sure how you plan to use the two extra links?

The extra links are to be able to thread through the 13mm chain end link, then be able to pull the 16mm link over the anti pinch pin, it saves all the weight of having a full 16mm chain that weighs a ton.

Just for information purpases, I weighed all this kit and it comes up to 7.6 kgs so not to difficult to split up into the 2 Vario panniers on a long trip, given that Vario say you can have up to 10 kgs in each pannier, I will save the topcase for the lighter gear.

Just want to say thanks to all the forum members who helped me find the security I needed for my new 1200GS 2017, I got the Anti Pinch bolt and squire lock, and 13mm chain with 2 extra 16mm links to be able to put it over the Anti pinch bolt, I ordered it on Tuesday and it was delivered to my door in Germany this Friday morning, I am chuffed it is a great bit of kit, its not light but feels leagues ahead of the ABUS stuff etc out there, just for info this is not a spam posting, its just a real thank you to all.

upload a new photo

Got the same here, but found that actually the standard end of the 13mm chain just fits over the pin (with a bit of a wiggle) without needing the extra links, just take the plastic cap off the end of the pin. Therefore saving the extra half kilo of lugging around the extra links. Put the pin through the hub, then fit pin through the standard link and with a bit of a wiggle the link will fit onto the main pin, freeing up the space to mount the lock into the recessed part of the pin as its supposed to, without the extra links. My mate bought the same and his also fits, so may be worth giving it a quick try as saves the need for the link part, and lets face it at these weights, every little helps!

Yep well worth the try, but does not work for me, some links are just a smidgen wider so some get lucky, not me, so I will have to live with the extra 2 links, but I found a solution to the weight, leave the wife home.

Back
Top Bottom