Major corrosion issue

rocky burns

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Mid wales Where roads were built for bikes
I just thought I'd ask in this section if you know what I can do about my corrosion issue

I know you lot will have the answers to it with all the warranty claims going in.

Its has been ridden in all weathers for the last few years, it been left dirty and caked in mud for weeks at a time as I was too busy to clean it.

I have used it in the snow with loads of grit on the roads and even ridden past a gritter once and he covered me in the stuff.

I have rung the Bmw customer help line but they say they can't do anything to help

That why I have come here for help.

Look at my Hp2 enduro, its ruined as I have rust on my Bolt heads:D

Owner neglect...... or neglected owner

Clearly not fit for purpose

You have to realise, there's always one bike that's slipped through the net and you've been unlucky enough to buy the one good one made that year. Nutty is even luckier as all his bikes are the rouge ones that slip through. I suggest you use it as a boat anchor for a year just to test out my theory.

This is obviously a pi** take and a funny one at that!
Seriously though, I once had a K1200R which had a few slightly corroded screw heads but found that BMW wouldn't sell me just a couple and only a complete set for the application. Ah well.

This is obviously a pi** take and a funny one at that!
Seriously though, I once had a K1200R which had a few slightly corroded screw heads but found that BMW wouldn't sell me just a couple and only a complete set for the application. Ah well.

I agree, very funny, especially if its a piss take of the one on fb all the time at the moment. Great post OP

Back
Top Bottom