I'm not disappointed with the GSA

tanneman

Incomplete Arse
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bought this one for a bargain in 2015. Fitted some bits to it like sat nav, panniers, fender extender and mudsling from machine mart and that is about all you need to do to the bike. Had some issue with the final drive. Wasn't properly washed by dealer (1st owner) and the replacement had a bearing fault. Contemplated getting something else as the KTM is still in the back of the mind. But from what I expect this bike to do it does it brilliantly. Most other owners probably travel on their own or rarely travel with a pillion but the missus likes going with me so this needs to be right for her too. Don't suffer corrosion yet but I keep my cars and bikes clean, doesn't have the get up and go of the KTM but it is sofa like with predictable handling and carries all we need in very practical panniers. All in all I'm content with the choice I made. My other half dreaded the trip on a RnineT :D and the RT is not as comfortable to her as the GSA. Do I fancy other bikes. Yes, bike ownership is not monogamous and it is not a sin to ride other bikes. The KTM is still there in the background but to be sensible I will probably have one from the more traditional KTM stable for dirt road applications.

Some will say I don't know any better :D but it is a tool for various reasons. To satisfy my curiosity it is going to visit Hilltop :augie Just wish I bought that decat Ti headers before.

What to change for the future generation? More power to add a bit of excitement, proper heated grips, driving lights that is at least IP rated, better paint to frame, engine, wheels and less weight. Since suspension technology has moved on since the Hossack design how about conventional forks?

Back
Top Bottom