Supermoto'd my LC

Something surprised me between LC models. We fitted it to a mate's R1200R LC. But clearly the wheel offset is different to the GS, as the centre lines of the hugger and tyre were about 1cm out!

Thats why ive just bought the 'R' Swing Arm..it will take the Wheel over to the left about 12-14mm, allowing for a wider Rim (6") i can also refit the Carbom ilmberger Hugger and it will look straight

The Forks from the R are different, no Telelever, you can get by doing without the spacers by shaving a couple of mm from the underside of the Caliper, im ordering these GP4 RX Brembo Calipers (Overkill but so cool :cool:) and they fit without the washers

Oh dear I thought my modding days were over, not so sure now! Those callipers look reeealy nice.

Each to their own and money no object it seems, but if I wanted a 1200 supermoto I would have bought an Aprillia Dorsodouro and used the GS for what it does best.
Just my opinion, other opinions are available:rolleyes:

Al.

Each to their own and money no object it seems, but if I wanted a 1200 supermoto I would have bought an Aprillia Dorsodouro and used the GS for what it does best.
Just my opinion, other opinions are available

Al.

Or left the GS standard and spent the same money on a mint KTM 950 Supermoto !!

83439eff2a61133e595ad35a47c5e4d5.jpeg

Hi skid, ref settings on ttx,
try 12 to 14 clicks compression and 8 to 10 clicks rebound , thats starting from all the way out anti clockwise ,,,as a starting point, i like mine fairly compliant but controlled ,

I love it and said that after I contacted you through your e-bay listing. It has inspired me to do something similar in the next few months(but without the Ohlins!!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just my opinion, other opinions are available:rolleyes:

Al.

Steve has the use of other bikes too but like he said if you want a shaft driven , telelever suspended sporty adventure bike then perhaps you just have to make your own. Mind you I'd hate to think how much he's got tied up in it now. Looked bloody awesome at Dent though :thumb

I love it and said that after I contacted you through your e-bay listing. It has inspired me to do something similar in the next few months(but without the Ohlins!!).

May be you'd be better doing the Ohlins first then working out what would be the next improvement?

It's great to see independent developement.

Wouldn’t this be a hell of a lot easier with GSA spoked wheels? New rims laced to the original hubs. All offsets and spacings correct as BMW who spent millions on the R&D intended.

installed the new 6 inch rear wheel with 190 50 tyre..looks well beefy!

Attachments

• supermoto2.jpg
    supermoto2.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 347
  • supermoto1.jpg
    supermoto1.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 358
Looks great. I think I need an Akra on mine. Just looks so right.

Back
Top Bottom