"Curvy roads but lets not get silly" option?

Gyp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there any way I can get the Nav VI to take me on a curvy road but avoid single track grass covered roads with deep fords?

I quite enjoy the option of taking A or B roads when I can, but the Nav seems determined that I need more adventure than that.

Is there any way I can get the Nav VI to take me on a curvy road but avoid single track grass covered roads with deep fords?

I quite enjoy the option of taking A or B roads when I can, but the Nav seems determined that I need more adventure than that.

think yerself lucky it takes nutty through cities and motorways

The Nav V took me to the one at Duntisbourne Abbots last year

https://youtu.be/UFNURSjpBQM

and yesterday the VI took me on a particularly filthy route from Cowley (just south of Cheltenham) through Brimpsfield and Cranham before plonking me on the A46 for 30 odd miles. Not sure if the ford was always on the road, it might just have been the weather conditions.

An option of "A and B roads only" would be nice, so avoiding motorways and unclassified roads.

In the good old days of the 2610, there were preference sliders for highway/major/minor roads to allow the nav to be tuned more finely.

I quite enjoy the option of taking A or B roads....

Yes.

Plot the route yourself.

Job done.

This would be nice! I really enjoy using the Round Trip feature and going on a 1/2 hour or 100 mile adventure - I've found some great roads in Norfolk that despite having lived here 47 years have never known about before. Unfortunately I've also been down some pretty hair-raising single track grass covered roads too. And I'm not even on an GS (sorry about that) but an RT.

Back
Top Bottom