New Motorrad dealer coming to Swansea :)

steve g

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Its advertised in store as "coming soon BMW Motorrad dealership" at M&P Swansea. :thumb

Its advertised in store as "coming soon BMW Motorrad dealership" at M&P Swansea. :thumb

Got all excited when I saw the heading as Sytner recently bought out the Swansea BMW car dealership, and I thought they might have decided to expand into bikes.

Been reluctantly dealing with M&P since the 1980's ( my nearest Bike shop:( ), and although the owner Mark is a nice guy, as a dealership they are pretty rubbish.

Most recent visit last month was for a motorcross type bike lift (12 shown in stock on website) and a 4.00 X 18 inner tube. Came away empty handed after being told by the staff that there was a at least a 6-8 week wait for the bike lift (coming direct from China apparently) and they don't stock anything larger than 3.50 X 18 inner tubes as there is no call for them.

Had a look at their new KTM dealership on the way out, only to find it was nearly all super-moto's with one Adventure tucked in the back - Think I'll still be travelling to England when I need a Motorrad dealership!

Got all excited when I saw the heading as Sytner recently bought out the Swansea BMW car dealership, and I thought they might have decided to expand into bikes.

Been reluctantly dealing with M&P since the 1980's ( my nearest Bike shop:( ), and although the owner Mark is a nice guy, as a dealership they are pretty rubbish.

Most recent visit last month was for a motorcross type bike lift (12 shown in stock on website) and a 4.00 X 18 inner tube. Came away empty handed after being told by the staff that there was a at least a 6-8 week wait for the bike lift (coming direct from China apparently) and they don't stock anything larger than 3.50 X 18 inner tubes as there is no call for them.

Had a look at their new KTM dealership on the way out, only to find it was nearly all super-moto's with one Adventure tucked in the back - Think I'll still be travelling to England when I need a Motorrad dealership!

Sytner took over Rydale in Cardiff and closed the bike section. Are Riders not doing BMW in Cardiff now?

Couldn't agree with you more, and never, I repeat NEVER, let one of those untrained, third rate grease monkeys from the workshop touch your bike!!!!!!

M&P

Swansea Motorrad ,opening in May, based in a building opposite the existing shop.
M&P now have an interesting collection of manufacturers,Harley,Husqvarna,KTM,Kawasaki,Can Am,and now BMW.
I called into the clothing section yesterday,and noticed they are now selling Hein Gericke clothing.

Happened to be there yesterday for a chain - didn't have the one I wanted although it was shown as in stock on the website -

'No call for it, everybody buy's the cheaper stuff'

'We're not Tesco, we don't stock everything we list'

'I've got one two pitches longer, I can shorten it but you with still have to pay the extra couple of pounds'

Eventually insisted on the correct one at the correct length which they are going to sent post free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't see this sort of mentality making them Motorrad Dealer of the year :blast

I live about 5 mins away, so I’m in there at least once or twice a week picking up service parts for various bikes, I’ve found them nothing but helpful.

I live about 5 mins away, so I’m in there at least once or twice a week picking up service parts for various bikes, I’ve found them nothing but helpful.

I was told yesterday that as well as BMW, which is opening in May, M&P are also opening a Ducati shop, i wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a Triumph dealer opening locally, Touratech are apparently connected with the Triumph off road school in the Swansea valley.

you'd think they would be paid more per hour based on what customers get charged...

If the dealers paid their mechanics an extra £5 per hour they would raise their hourly workshop rates by at least £15 or £20 per hour ,after all somebody has to pay for you (the customers) FREE coffee and biscuits and the flashy corporate showroom

I was in M&P's last week, they said they will start getting bikes in (BMW) within the next 3 weeks but the workshop will take longer, at the time I was mooching about while I was having my van serviced, I was looking to go for the new 1290R, its a nice machine but then noticed the BMW coming sign and thought I may start looking at BMWW again as I had a 2013 90th edition a while ago, I think that Swansea BMW may have been a factor in me going for the new Rallye, so purchase made, just hope its a good dealership and workshop for the customer

I was told yesterday that as well as BMW, which is opening in May, M&P are also opening a Ducati shop, i wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a Triumph dealer opening locally, Touratech are apparently connected with the Triumph off road school in the Swansea valley.

I called in to M&P today, no Ducati shop coming but they are opening a Honda franchise, BMW should be opening early September,
no news yet on the Honda shop opening.

I see they've just received their first new BMW demonstrator, ready for the forthcoming "open weekend".

I see they've just received their first new BMW demonstrator, ready for the forthcoming "open weekend".

Apparently there’s a BMW roadshow truck there as well, I’ll probably have a look,it’s walking distance for me.

I hope to be there at some point on the blood bike stand over the weekend. The weather forecast doest look that good at the moment for the weekend.
Just heard it looks like there about to become a Honda dealership also.

Back
Top Bottom