Chip swap

cugsy

Reaction score
When I got the 850gs last feb it had a Remus can and tuning chip. Well, 2 weeks after riding it the exhaust developed a crack in the welding. I did get a replacement original can from a lad on here and after a struggle the fat can went on. I was meaning to change the chip back to original too. But, everytime I meant to do it was usually after I'd just filled the tank and I wasn't going to lift 25 litres of flaming death off the bike. Anyhoo, I have just come into the daylight from the garage after doing the deed. Twice...'cos I put the feckin' chip in upside down first time..:eek:
So, did the throttle reset and put the 3 terminal lead in the motronic relay as per the sheet that came with the chip - for standard non cat exhaust and no changes to tuning. It struggled to start and ran like shit. Hmm, took out the lead and started it again and it runs sweet as a nut. Took it up the A11 for a couple of miles and the big flat spot at 4000 has gone too. If it ain't broke I suppose. I'll see what happens in the next week or two but fingers crossed. John

Tickover is a bit high but I'll give it a day or two and then tweak it.

Back
Top Bottom