HELP! No start no electics!

newman7096

Reaction score
Got up to go to work, got bike out of garage, put key in and turned it on. Powers up as normal, put helmet and gloves on, press starter........ it turned over for a second and then stopped! Looked at dash and now have no electrics?????!

Any ideas, may be a fuse?

Which fuse and where's the fuse box?

Concur with Delboy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a duff battery but all appeared well on the optimate and I came home from work last night with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be the ignition switch going tits up,, though if it turned initially its a bit odd, no fuses to check either, canbus,

RAC have been.......

Turned ignition on and nothing, no dash nothing, no start.

Connected his battery up to my bike and turned on ignition and dash comes back to life. Press starter fires up no problem. Run for 20seconds and turn off. Turn on ignition again nothing and won't start so it's definitely the battery.

The old battery is a Numax YTX14 BS apparently cheap and nasty that's been on 3 years and 15000 miles according to my service history.

Will be ordering new Yellow Motobatt.

On the plus side under the seat was a new fuel pump controller wrapped and sealed along with a new ignition antenna. :thumb2

Same thing happened to me this morning at a services near Luxembourg I took the battery terminals off and cleaned them up starts perfect now ����

For what they cost extra a JMT lithium would do a better job and wont suffer when left unused for months.

Bloody hell - the 'lithium evangelist' strikes again...

Every time someone mentions 'battery' you start trying to sell lithium batteries...

My favourite post was when you recommended buying a small lithium battery and not using the bike in the winter.

Decent lead acid batteries (motobat etc) work just fine, especially when kept on a maintenance charger.

I wonder if any Bikes with Lithium batterys have followed the same fate as some mobiles yet and how the insurance might view this as modification with fire risk?

Every time someone mentions 'battery' you start trying to sell lithium batteries...

My favourite post was when you recommended buying a small lithium battery and not using the bike in the winter.

Decent lead acid batteries (motobat etc) work just fine, especially when kept on a maintenance charger.

Great when you have a garage with power.

I wonder if any Bikes with Lithium batterys have followed the same fate as some mobiles yet and how the insurance might view this as modification with fire risk?

Lithium Polymer have the fire risk. Engine start types are less risky than lead acid.

I had an odyssee on my bike when I bought it in 2008, it doesn't get used in the winter from the end of October until at least march, it has never been on a trickle charger of any type, it has never let me down and is still in my bike 74,000 miles later,

Back
Top Bottom