Crash Bars or Bungs on an XR

fantic156

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Whats your thoughts on which is best? With bungs lots to choose from any to avoid? Are the ones on the forks of any use in the real world of a spill. Thanks in advance for any help. Picked up a tidy low mile 65 plate yesterday. Yesterday was a good day.

Bungs are fine, but - if they dig in, in a spill - they have the ability to indent the frame, which can be a deciding factor in writing-off the bike.

I prefer bars. BMW ones look good (and they put their name to them) - other than that, you would need the recommendation of someone who had actually tested a pair?

I have Wunderlich (I think) - they seem pretty good, I have to say.

Have a look at the relative prices of the big names - and decided on that ?

Al

Bungs are fine, but - if they dig in, in a spill - they have the ability to indent the frame, which can be a deciding factor in writing-off the bike.

I prefer bars. BMW ones look good (and they put their name to them) - other than that, you would need the recommendation of someone who had actually tested a pair?

I have Wunderlich (I think) - they seem pretty good, I have to say.

Have a look at the relative prices of the big names - and decided on that ?

Al

I'd agree with this advice, I've R&G bungs on mine and I'm sure they'd be ok if it was knocked over from a standstill, but if it was moving I'm not so sure.

Once I've some spare dosh I'm replacing mine with bars.

Back
Top Bottom