Forums with letters GS being forced to shut down

GSlowmo

Reaction score
Hi guys.

First post, registered only because of this, but visited several times.
BMW is currently trying to shut down many webs and bike forums in Czech through law firms. Webs that have GS or adventureGS etc in it´s name. I am not sure if this affects only Czechia or if ukGSer will be affected as well. Guys that are runnig those forums are not able to fight big law firms so they just shut down the whole web, rename it or hand it over to bmw, with a lot content lost. Forums that helped me a lot with maintenance etc since a got my GS. I am just trying to help somehow and at least creating a little bit fuss and pressure towards BMW to rethink what they´re doing.

UKGSER should be safe then. How do BMW feel that they own GS? Like Suzuki were there before them. And there's probley many more items termed gs before. Who owns letters like GT every car manufacturer must have had one in their line up at some stage. JJH

Bugger ... that's me right fucked :D

www.adventure.gs

:beerjug:

PS .... they're welcome to make me an offer!

'gs' is the domain for South Georgia ... so fuck BMW :D

Tried to do it with Mini in the past and Landrover

A good friend with a Mini business, long before BMW took over Mini made him change his trading name, a long with a few private Mini owners clubs with original BL Mini's

I think they are a bit more relaxed with the Mini thing nowadays

wonder were BMW think they get lots of potential customers from ?

I find it unlikely they could copyright a two or three figure acronym such as GS or GSA.Please post links to where you obtained this information from?

I find it unlikely they could copyright a two or three figure acronym such as GS or GSA.Please post links to where you obtained this information from?

How is your knowledge of the Czech laungage?

The issue I see with the stated domain is that it contains both BMW and GS in the domain name [bmwgs.cz] which could be argued in court as being confusing to the customer and construed as being a BMW entity.Whereas here it has no connection in the domain with BMW merely GS [ukgser] which does not define BMW as the owner.

Back
Top Bottom