Wunderlich High Level Sat Nav mount

Gowerboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have searched all posts,...nothing :nenau, Am about to fit the above bracket to my RT, and any help or tips would be appreciated, especially how to install and hide the Zumo lead, have also purchased the Sat Nav lead to plug into the loom, both from Nippy Normans
Thanks in antipatation

Probably worth removing the front binnacle and taking the cable in just above the clocks. Pm me your e mail address and I will send you a picture

Removing the mirror housing improves access for routing the wire to the spare connector on the subframe. It is held on with little metal knuckles that pop into rubber sockets. Push forward gently on the outer edge and it pops off. A tiny tiny bit of rubber grease on refitting will ensure they seat properly into the sockets-- they might drop off otherwise:augie:blast

There was some pictures on here somewhere of my RT with the same style nav mount and cable routing.

Thanks Steady Steve, looking at the instructions, I find it a bit scary at taking off the mirror housings, and I believe the lead only uses 2 of the wires, is it No 1 & No 3?, though overall it seems a brilliant mount, far better than my existing Ram & ball mount, again thanks

Yes they are a great mount.
It does indeed only use two wires-- No.3 is positive,. No1 is negative.

Nothing to worry about with the mirrors-- just wiggle it about a bit when refitting to ensure it locates tightly. Wunderlich will happily take some money off you and supply little security cables to attach the mirrors to the subframe to prevent them falling right off if they get knocked.

I can't remember if I took the side fairing panels off as well... Again, easy enough-- just four little studs.

Back
Top Bottom