Retro fit Hill Start Control

Incorrect, I had it retro’d to my 2015

Good info, and certainly a really good option to have............;) however the dealers do tell porkies, when I was looking to buy my bike a 2016 model had no Hill control and was a few grand cheaper than the 2017 euro 4 I bought, when asking the dealer if I could add the option Hill control later, the bugger said no, only Euro 4 , so luckily this forum exists as we eventually get the truth.

Apparently it is a different software patch for Euro 4 than euro 3 so he may not be lying, but just I’ll informed.

Apparently it is a different software patch for Euro 4 than euro 3 so he may not be lying, but just I’ll informed.

So if we go down that road, that will answer engineers question, bet the 1250 is a different software also, as I initially thought...:D

The 1250 is a different system completely of sorts, it’s automatic sensing you are on a slope and auto engages and disengages.

The 1250 is a different system completely of sorts, it’s automatic sensing you are on a slope and auto engages and disengages.

It can do that or you can activate it manualy, you can set that on the menu, but anyway the 1250 is really smooth and works uphill and downhill

When the BMW guy was explaining the system on my R1200 he said the sensors know how steep the angle of the hill is, and applies different pressures.

So that it auto disengages when using the clutch to pull away.

I've just pulled the brake lever to activate and release. Very easy, no mistakes.

When the BMW guy was explaining the system on my R1200 he said the sensors know how steep the angle of the hill is, and applies different pressures.

So that it auto disengages when using the clutch to pull away.

I've just pulled the brake lever to activate and release. Very easy, no mistakes.

Yep totally agree I use the clutch to pull away on steep slopes, but have to give it some revs, but also stating bike is at maximum load.

the new 1250 system incorporates an imu (inertial measurment unit) that the old bike doesnt have i think?

gets interesting by the minute, so upgrade time in 5 years methinks.............;)

Yeah I think so, I've had mine 18 months and I'm just starting to get to know it. Got at least another few years left yet.

Set of Wilbers ESA Shocks next

The only problem with wilbers is they use some parts of your existing unit, so it’s not a case of plug and play.

Back
Top Bottom