Retro fit Hill Start Control

Hill start assist retrofit IS AVAILABLE for my 2014 LC GSA and that's one of the early ones and the cost fitted £220 and a "30 minute job while you have a coffee".Dealer confirmed by checking my Reg.no. I've not booked it in yet, still pondering the benefits but I recall one heavily loaded, pillioned hill start event, when a voice in my head said 'You'd better not stall it here '. I can't however see a great need when solo.

Had hill start on my previous K1600's and fwiw - yes it's a fact that nobody needs it - but. It is very useful under certain conditions and circumstances. If you are fully loaded and have to stop on a very steep hill type junction to have a good clear look, then it's invaluable and if you're stuck in a jam for a while and on an incline it is nice to be able to relax with both feet on the ground and both hands relaxed. Small price really for occasional benefit. I'm awaiting my new GSA tb which has all the latest toys including hill start control and looking forward to having this again. Mostly ride solo so unlikely to use it often but when partner out with me nice to know it's avail if required.

Don't ponce about, just do it. It's bike money, it doesn't count.
If it is there ,you use it more than you thought you would.

£214 at Williams Manchester on a 2017 TE GSA
Alan R

I had a demo of this at a dealer yesterday and it looked very fiddly. The sales guy had to try quite a few times to get it to activate but I suppose there is a knack to it.

Still not sure I'm ready to spend $500 AUD on this

Had it done yesterday while in for a service, I was sceptical as to if it would be useful, as others have commented previously, it was very useful to have the brake locked on an incline while waiting for some roadworks lights, will also be good when fully loaded touring, initial impressions are good

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I still can't work mine, keep kangaroo'ing off when I accelerate, what am I doing wrong? Popped a wheelie last time. Stalled the bike the time before, grrrr. My car works fine.

Is the Hill start Assist either On or Off.

Or can you set the pressure of brake needed?

Emailed my local dealer for a quote to get "Hill start assist" coded on my 2017 R1200GSA. 280.80 inc VAT.

174.00 inc VAT for the code, which seems right compared to what I've read on the thread. But an hours labour to install it at 106.80 inc VAT..... No way.

From what I've read on here its like 30mins max to get it done. Even after emailing them back to ask, there is no movement.

Think I'll just wait and get it on my new one in a few years time. :rob

Emailed my local dealer for a quote to get "Hill start assist" coded on my 2017 R1200GSA. 280.80 inc VAT.

174.00 inc VAT for the code, which seems right compared to what I've read on the thread. But an hours labour to install it at 106.80 inc VAT..... No way.

From what I've read on here its like 30mins max to get it done. Even after emailing them back to ask, there is no movement.

Think I'll just wait and get it on my new one in a few years time. :rob
My wife was charged £200 by Allan Jefferies. She only took the bike in for HSC activating, not as part of other work.

It took about an hour as the computer insisted on installing a big bunch of updates that BMW recently released for her bike, a May 2017 R1200RS, before it would let them activate HSC.

My wife was charged £200 by Allan Jefferies. She only took the bike in for HSC activating, not as part of other work.

It took about an hour as the computer insisted on installing a big bunch of updates that BMW recently released for her bike, a May 2017 R1200RS, before it would let them activate HSC.

Wonder if the updates were any good?

Wonder if the updates were any good?
They didn't say what they were. She's not had any issues before they were applied. She's done 2,000 miles since it was activated, along with the updates, on 28th August and had had no issues.

I'd imagine most of that time is the road test by the mechanic to verify it's all working ok and that your bike still bounces off the limiter nicely in every gear :)

Had mine added as part of the yearly service. Very pleased.
Squeeze to set, squeeze or ride off to disengage.

I have been quoted £202 by Bahnstormers Maidenhead and plan to have mine enabled with the next service.

For any of you who may be interested, and particularly with the spate of BMW thefts, they are also doing a branded BMW Tracker. I understand, like the Nav V / V1 it is made by someone else and branded BMW. Retail is £345. However also check out Autocom who are also now doing a Tracker

Back
Top Bottom