Retro fit Hill Start Control

I Heard you bought a hipster mobil. Arm and shoulder is all metal from just above the elbow upwards, (can’t tell just by looking at it thankfully) 50% reduction in forwards motion, 75% reduction sideway movement, grip strength is down as well.

I Heard you bought a hipster mobil. Arm and shoulder is all metal from just above the elbow upwards, (can’t tell just by looking at it thankfully) 50% reduction in forwards motion, 75% reduction sideway movement, grip strength is down as well.

Fuck!! I had no idea, still, could be worse.....I bought a hipster in a box kit, shallow as I am.....You could have caught that shallowness:D

Be good to see you again and have a proper piss-take:beerjug:

Sounds worse than it is but is knackered for life, but like you say it could have been worse, thankfully no nerves severed so I still have all the feelings etc, yes be good to catch up, it’s been a few years now.

This just came through by email. Middle of the road pricing from what I’ve read on this thread so far.

Here at Lind Motorrad, we can fit Hill Start Control for just £279* inclusive of VAT. Call a member of the team for further information or to book.

This just came through by email. Middle of the road pricing from what I’ve read on this thread so far.

Here at Lind Motorrad, we can fit Hill Start Control for just £279* inclusive of VAT. Call a member of the team for further information or to book.

For which year/models do they offer ?

I had that come trough after they had done mine. I believe it is all LC models, I think they were using mine as a guinea pig to see if it would work on all chassis numbers. That is bloody expensive, I had mine done while it was being serviced, if that was the price my service was bloody cheap!!

I had that come trough after they had done mine. I believe it is all LC models, I think they were using mine as a guinea pig to see if it would work on all chassis numbers. That is bloody expensive, I had mine done while it was being serviced, if that was the price my service was bloody cheap!!

What year is yours ? GSW or GSWA ?

Had mine done yesterday.
Really easy to use and as I have a few very steep inclines on my commute involving juggling access fobs and trying to brake and keep the bike upright it should provide some extra peace of mind.

had it done

So had it done this morning and its a mixed review, but not why you'd think. The Hillstart is fab. No bother with the letting it off when I move away and holds the bike on big inclines so if you are vertically challenged like me, there is now no need for the L-R toe shuffle. However : they loaned me an R1200RS withy just 127 mikes on and it was sweeeeeeetttt ! Engine was nice and quiet and the gearbox was a world better than mine. Oh Bollox!:nenau

So had it done this morning and its a mixed review, but not why you'd think. The Hillstart is fab. No bother with the letting it off when I move away and holds the bike on big inclines so if you are vertically challenged like me, there is now no need for the L-R toe shuffle. However : they loaned me an R1200RS withy just 127 mikes on and it was sweeeeeeetttt ! Engine was nice and quiet and the gearbox was a world better than mine. Oh Bollox!:nenau
I really don't regret getting rid of my 2015 GS for an RS in April. It's still big mileage comfortable and was brilliant doing 2,000 miles around Spain in September.

I first heard of the hill start add on when my wife got it fit to her RS which she bought in May. Being short she says it makes life much easier for her.

Had Hill hold done thursday, basic late 2014 gs, easy to release on flat or hills keeps the bike still without holding the brake constantly,
Roamer

Had Hill retrofitted when in for a service at Lind last week. After Steve explained it to me, I made a knob of myself. Had a go setting it on flat, Slight problem - The front wheel was a foot from the showroom wall.

Switch on and off and wheel bike back

I own the bike, no HP/PCP etc and aim to keep for a long time. Reason got it was had two close calls in last two weeks - fully loaded with hill starts on weird cambers. As I am a short arse too I took the plunge to see if it helps. Have used four times since and no problems. If I had to put it in the order of bits I have bought it would still be:
1 Side stand extender
2 highlight guard
3 Rad guards
4 Pinch pin and chain
5 Hilltop
6 Hex Ezcan
7 Road lock
8 Fender extender and crud catcher
9. Quad lock fone holder
10. Bark Busters
11 MRA screen

Don't have road noise from the Ankakees so kept them on.

Any cash left then £200 hill start

Mike

No need to turn off and start again, just squeeze the brake again and it de activates,
You dont have to drive off the hold function,

Had it fitted today along with latest GSAP software. Love it.
When the bike is facing up or down hill. Easy to turn on and off with the front brake 🖒
a2a52e7c7675485f7c5630e54acc0f3e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom