Retro fit Hill Start Control

I have been quoted £202 by Bahnstormers Maidenhead and plan to have mine enabled with the next service.

For any of you who may be interested, and particularly with the spate of BMW thefts, they are also doing a branded BMW Tracker. I understand, like the Nav V / V1 it is made by someone else and branded BMW. Retail is £345. However also check out Autocom who are also now doing a Tracker

I did read somewhere that this may be a BikeTrac rebrand

I have been quoted £202 by Bahnstormers Maidenhead and plan to have mine enabled with the next service.

For any of you who may be interested, and particularly with the spate of BMW thefts, they are also doing a branded BMW Tracker. I understand, like the Nav V / V1 it is made by someone else and branded BMW. Retail is £345. However also check out Autocom who are also now doing a Tracker

theres a fitting fee and then a monthly contract fee for it. It works of GPS so if your bike is robbed and taken to a basement area with no GPS its gone .

This is a great idea. I've avoided hills all my riding life due to this "hill starting" problem.
Now the world is my oyster.

This is a great idea. I've avoided hills all my riding life due to this "hill starting" problem.

Embrace the future my man . It's coming whether you like it or not . :thumb

This guy had 'Hill Start Assist' back in March 2016. It was his wife !!

The Drama starts at 02:20 if you want to skip to the best bit.

Not at any one single time did he ask how his wife was.

I'd have been killed on the spot if I'd have done what he did.... and then left his wife on her own mid way up a hill :eek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ftx8kXIRvtg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hmmm? £250 for my local dealer to retrofit my bike with HSC??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep £252 inc vat, they need 7 days notice to obtain a code from bmw for the reprogram .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Odd - my wife rang Friday and had it activated at 08:30 on the following Monday

This guy had 'Hill Start Assist' back in March 2016. It was his wife !!
Not at any one single time did he ask how his wife was.
I'd have been killed on the spot if I'd have done what he did.... and then left his wife on her own mid way up a hill :eek:
Agree, quite shocking and clearly shows someone who cannot ride the bike; its probably safer for the wife to walk back to the hotel.

It's ok for you devil my care types, but I'm still keeping my stabilisers on.......

Agree, quite shocking and clearly shows someone who cannot ride the bike; its probably safer for the wife to walk back to the hotel.

That's pretty harsh and have you never been caught out on a awkward off camber slope before? If you say no it's clear you are lying.

Just got back from the dealership after having the hill start , retro fitted to my March 15 GS . Well tried it at the first set of lights on a slight incline, it took a couple of attempts to release it, but I didn't stall it. It made me realise that I needed more practice,so set off for a steep hill on an abandon road. First attempt stalled it, second attempt squeezed the front brake until I saw the light come on the dash, then released the brake, and it held perfectly, then lightly pressed the back brake , then a quick squeeze on the front to release the hill start ( light goes out on dash ) and pull away as normal. Tried it a few more times, and that method worked ok for me. If any body has another way, I would like to try it.

Price in Spain was Euro 303. 36 plus 21% Iva total Euro 367.07.

Expensive I thought., was thinking around the 250 ish mark.

Had it fitted just before a long trip - its worth it. Bit clunky and you can stall when pulling away if not careful.

No need to press the back brake - why did you do that?

Did no one learn how to ride off up a hill on their bike test?

Back
Top Bottom