Retro fit Hill Start Control

You can, but you will have to send parts off your original units, that’s why they are cheaper than the touratech version. You can’t just have a set on your shelf waiting to fit when your original ones fail.

the new 1250 system incorporates an imu (inertial measurment unit) that the old bike doesnt have i think?

If the IMU is the the same part that measures lean angle for ASC and ABS then it hasn’t changed from the 2018 Rallye TE and then it would possibly just be a software upgrade.

Could someone with a 1250 photograph the little box under the rear seat and post it here so I can read the BOSCH part code?

If the IMU is the the same part that measures lean angle for ASC and ABS then it hasn’t changed from the 2018 Rallye TE and then it would possibly just be a software upgrade.

Could someone with a 1250 photograph the little box under the rear seat and post it here so I can read the BOSCH part code?

That would be really interesting to see, if it is also software, next visit to BMW could be good for me.........:D

So now I have had hh added to my bike
My next question is how do I deactivate it when not required
I only had it fitted as a fully loaded bike with the misses on can be dodgy af fu** on some hills

Why deactivate? Use it when you want to, or not. It won't be an auto system like the new 1250 has.
I think it is very useful tool to have, you will find yourself using it loaded up or not.

It appears that all the 1250 bikes get the current hill hold system which you manually activate and deactivate with the brake lever, but the new automatic system which applies the brake on slopes of more than 5 degrees, seems to be an extra cost option included in the riding modes pro package. If you don't have that it seems you won't get automatic hill hold. I can't check this at the moment as the configurator on the BMW website seems to be not working.

The system on the 1200's activates on the front brakes and I retro fitted it to my 2017 model. It is very useful on the street however it can get in the way off-road if you give the brakes a big squeeze whilst stopped and it activates (and you didn't want it to) and the rear traction is limited. You may want to apply a little throttle to move off however the bike may not move as expected and you then either turn it off manually or worst case you end up in more trouble. Someone may correct me here and my understanding is that the auto configuration on the 1250's activates the rear brake, perhaps a hard pull of the brake lever still activates the front hill hold. No matter how it works I think I would disable it when going off-road.

Back
Top Bottom