Scrambler Urban Handguards

Not as such but did take a handguard off my 1190 KTM to see how it measures up and think they should fit ok with a bit of modification and from memory they are only £50 for a set.

Slight problem is that the thread in the handle bar takes an M12 bolt which is a lot larger than most hand guards come with.

Also the standard levers are longer than the end of the bars and so you need a spacer so the levers do not foul the guards.

Over on the R Nine T forum loads have fitted Toilet GS guards which look ok.

Not as such but did take a handguard off my 1190 KTM to see how it measures up and think they should fit ok with a bit of modification and from memory they are only £50 for a set.

Slight problem is that the thread in the handle bar takes an M12 bolt which is a lot larger than most hand guards come with.

Also the standard levers are longer than the end of the bars and so you need a spacer so the levers do not foul the guards.

Sorry to hijack but I see you have a sat nav mount on yours. Is it a BMW one ? Looking to fit a Tom Tom to mine but can't find a fitting/dock . Any idea where I might find one thanks:beerjug:

I have fitted GS hand guards to my Scrambler - just needed to replace bolts to fit to end of handlebars.

I have fitted GS hand guards to my Scrambler - just needed to replace bolts to fit to end of handlebars.

I believe my bolts are plastic, which/where did u get bolts.? I bought a set of F800/f700 gsa guards & they don't fit, so don't waste you ££ with them..

I believe my bolts are plastic, which/where did u get bolts.? I bought a set of F800/f700 gsa guards & they don't fit, so don't waste you ££ with them..

U G/S bar end bolts are plastic which is a bit disappointing

I used original R Nine T bar end bolts and end caps which weren't cheap but work well enough

FP.

You need M12 sized bolts - go for something like an M12 button head bolt like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M10-M12-A...var=410568568385&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Length 70 to 80mm depending what type of hand guards you are fitting - less that £4 delivered ;)

For reference, the bolts should be M12 with a 1.75 pitch, the one's in Phil's link above are, but be careful if buying elsewhere as some are 1.5 / 1.25 pitch.

doom1.jpg

I might have a set of those brand new, and unused in the garage, if anyone wants to make me an offer.

Sorry for the thread hijack.:D

Back
Top Bottom