1150gs headlight upgrade advice

markyt

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So after numerous piss takes of my headlight performance which to be fair is a bit poor im after some advice on fitting better brighter bulbs. Can i just fit LED bulbs as a straight swap. some have said i need to fit resisters but I wouldn't have a clue how that works. has anyone fitted upgrades as a straight swap. Cheers

Check out Cylops led bulbs or convert to HID.
The answers are all here :)

Leds on my 1200,

Take out old bulb, plug in new LED bulb, conect harness and electronics box. turn on lights

you may need to run them with the dust cover removed but thats about all

These are marvelous.
Complete with adventure mounting bracket.

Attachments

• ever ready.jpg
    ever ready.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,105
HID or LED bulbs and LED spotlights are the only real solution. Then you can take the piss when everyone follows you once it goes dark.

These are marvelous.
Complete with adventure mounting bracket.
When cycle lights had proper suspension, and before Lucas found a use for electricity..............
I never really understood the need for the red/green port and starboard lenses though.

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 1,034
MAIN BEAM REFLECTOR HELP PLEASE

Hi all.

Recently I have noticed by main beam headlamp unit on my R1150 GSA has corrosion at the bottom of the reflector. Does anyone know if the lamp unit can be re chromed or whether the whole lamp unit requires replacement? I am happy to buy a replacement lamp unit if necessary but notice that this seems to be a common problem on used lamp units. Can anyone advise where I might obtain a good used lamp unit or a good pattern lamp unit please?

That brings back memories.......cycling to school on a cold wet dark winter morning!

Thats bollox, and you know it ;)

either the battery was all furry and fooked, or some thieving school pedalbikermate, had nicked it as there battery was flat lol :)

Hi all.

Recently I have noticed by main beam headlamp unit on my R1150 GSA has corrosion at the bottom of the reflector. Does anyone know if the lamp unit can be re chromed or whether the whole lamp unit requires replacement? I am happy to buy a replacement lamp unit if necessary but notice that this seems to be a common problem on used lamp units. Can anyone advise where I might obtain a good used lamp unit or a good pattern lamp unit please?

Re Re-chroming / silvering Depends - if its chromed metal, or metalised plastic.

The former yes, can be done, the latter no.

As you will destroy the substrate when you attempt to strip the exsisting metal layers

The cyclops bulbs from sport touring are very compact and excellent performance,
Not sure how much space in the housing on the 1150, but its by far the smallest kit
I had auxilliary lights on my 1150 many years ago before led were available,

Hey Mr Two Wheels...

What's this awesome trickery of a pdf... Where can I get this?.... ('scuse the thread hijack... I'm easily excited by manuals and techy things to read...)

Back
Top Bottom