Problem

newman7096

Reaction score
A colleague of mine at work has a 2002 1150 however he had to replace the loom as he turned the ignition on and turned the headlight on and it burnt out a lot of the original loom. Anyway it's all back together with new loom fitted but it won't start???

Fuel pump primes, ignition on, turns over but nothing.

Any ideas?

Tried pulling the clutch as you spin the motor.
This way you can rule out anything related to side stands and gear selector circuits.

….and that old chestnut - quick start - to determine if your timing is right and you have spark.

good avice, I'm in the habit of pulling in the clutch on my bike always starts with the side stand down,

If the loom has shorted and burnt you could well have blown the motronic unit. It's happened on a couple of bikes ive had in with burnt looms.

Is it simple plug and play with a secondhand one?

pretty sure it is. unfortunately unless you can borrow one, its going to cost you to find out if thats the problem.

also have to consider why the loom burnt out in the first place. was it just the ignition loom burnt or (parts of) the main one too?

Is it simple plug and play with a secondhand one?

Yes, but there are two types... A single spark motronic and twin spark motronic.

I have tried a twin spark motronic plugged into a single spark engine just out of curiosity.
It did fire up and run but the fuel pump run permanently while the ignition was on without the engine running.
I didn't run the engine bike for any period of time so couldn't tell you if there were any problems running under load or higher up the rev range etc.

Bikes up and running but we've got a spare long single Green and Brown wire left over. Everything seems to work. Any ideas?IMG_0635.JPGIMG_0636.JPG

Space like connector at the end.

Driving us nuts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The picture looks like the wire is predominantly Brown with a green stripe.

Give us a clue........

Is the wire.....Brown with a green stripe

Or

Green with a brown stripe.

Giving us the correct colour code would help.

:nenau

The picture looks like the wire is predominantly Brown with a green stripe.

Give us a clue........

Is the wire.....Brown with a green stripe

Or

Green with a brown stripe.

Giving us the correct colour code would help.

:nenau

It looks 50/50 to me. But it's real long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom