Anyone take one of the big scooters out for a spin?

Looking seriously at the C650GT as a commuter and it seems to tick a lot of boxes - ABS, great weather protection, heated seat/grips, loads of storage, automatic, electric screen and so on.

Anyone ever take on out? Joe Duffy has a demo bike so might try it.

14 grand on a scooter with all the bits though.....

My husband's knee problems meant he had to get rid of his K1200LT. Found getting on a bike hopeless so he recently bought a 2013 C650GT. Very low mileage. Expensive new, but prices drop like a stone, so 2nd hand makes sense.
We rode to Ullapool for the weekend yesterday - me on my 2010 F650GS, Eric on his scooter. Following him you can see it leans on the corners like a conventional motorcycle. Acceleration is excellent & he averaged 64mpg, which means it has a good range. Storage under the seat very good & he has the topbox also.
He really enjoys it & has meant he can continue to enjoy something he loves.
By the way, motorcyclists still wave to him :)
If you fancy one, try it but I think the price new is over the top

Looking seriously at the C650GT as a commuter and it seems to tick a lot of boxes - ABS, great weather protection, heated seat/grips, loads of storage, automatic, electric screen and so on.

Anyone ever take on out? Joe Duffy has a demo bike so might try it.

14 grand on a scooter with all the bits though.....

the maxi scooters are stupid money. Dont buy new if you can,.Unless you want to.

If you wanna a real good scooter, look at the TMAX530 from Yamaha. This is a seriously good scooter, v fast, handles like it on rails, I aint kidding. Has all the gizmos and the one id pick over the bmw scooter any day of the week.As there is a new model this yr you may get a 16/17 one new on a good price if you ring a dealer. They are around 12500. Megabikes i think have a 2017 tmax 530. Worth a look.

i use a yam scoot myself, no brainer for commuting.

My mate has a Burgman 600cc. We went 2000 miles camping round Europe over lots of passes, Autobahn and a light off road section. It coped with all of it almost as well as my GS. Would I own one.......no.

I had a BMW scooter out for a day as a demo, it was very good in most ways. plenty of power for a 650,good storage and comfortable. Bad point are that it had very harsh suspension and sounds oddIts a lot of money for a Kymco scooter.
I,ve also tried the Tmax (on the isle of Skye) and found it just as good but a lot cheaper so it is better value.

I borrowed a BMW electric scooter when my Scrambler X was in for a service and loved it but couldn't justify the price tag so bought a Mk1 T-Max

I've done 500 miles on it in the last two weeks and non of my other bikes have had a look in apart from the Z1300 which I had no choice to ride as it needed an MOT

I keep looking at T-Max 530 DX's now :blast

the maxi scooters are stupid money. Dont buy new if you can,.Unless you want to.

If you wanna a real good scooter, look at the TMAX530 from Yamaha. This is a seriously good scooter, v fast, handles like it on rails, I aint kidding. Has all the gizmos and the one id pick over the bmw scooter any day of the week.As there is a new model this yr you may get a 16/17 one new on a good price if you ring a dealer. They are around 12500. Megabikes i think have a 2017 tmax 530. Worth a look.

i use a yam scoot myself, no brainer for commuting.

I work near enough to Megabikes so might pop in for a look

I work near enough to Megabikes so might pop in for a look

there is a new tmax for this yr, 2017, v nice, few nice gizmos too over previous tmax.

If you do buy a big scoot, remember, the Yam will shift quicker than the bmw imo

I borrowed a BMW electric scooter when my Scrambler X was in for a service and loved it but couldn't justify the price tag so bought a Mk1 T-Max

I've done 500 miles on it in the last two weeks and non of my other bikes have had a look in apart from the Z1300 which I had no choice to ride as it needed an MOT

I keep looking at T-Max 530 DX's now :blast

Dont blame you - they look class.

I couldn't justify the outlay though so went for a Honda Forza 300 which does my commuting tasks fine but just misses that bit of zip from time to time.

Had one out last year when the bike was being serviced. One of the new bmr scoots. I loved it! I was really surprised how good it was. The only thing that freaked me out for the first hour or two was the sound of a police siren behind me everytime I accelerated. There were no police. It was just the sound of the rear wheel drive. hehe!

My dad has a Honda silverwing for about 12 years now, he won't get rid of it, reckons it's a great second bike. His is almost always parked outside ready to be jumped on for short trips to the shops. Great yolk, I've been on it loads of times. Would easily tour on it.

Not exactly a Maxi Scoot but I have a 400 Burgman & love it. I also have a TC 1200 GSA & a WR250R.
If I could only have 1 bike I'd sell the BMW & Yamaha & keep the Burgman.

I also find that more biker mates acknowledge me on the Suzuki that they do the other 2 bikes.
Pity perhaps? :comfort

Some great input there guys..... thanks.. Sat on the C650GT and found it very very comfortable

Had a Gilera Fuoco 500 for a while for a look. Great craic to ride.
No problem Galway to Dublin in comfort.
Nifty around town. Even has a curry hook.
Would go back to similar if age or health dictated.
Meanwhile. GS ticks all the boxes.

Honda Silver Wing

honda silver wing

I use one of these a lot, will sit at 90 mph on highway if you want to. but drinks fuel at that speed. boringly reliable, easily serviced, good weather protection, loads of storage. great headlight. bad points small fuel tank, 200 gbp battery ! front forks standard are a bit wobberly.

belt takes 15 mins to change and the chinese ones of ebay for 25 gbp work fine.

not rock and roll but would cross europe easily with less hassel than a lot of bikes .

Saw a nice scoot in Spain the other week...
Honda adv type thing.
Looks very nice in the flesh.:beerjug:

Attachments

• IMG_20180910_110452867.jpg
    IMG_20180910_110452867.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 81
And another one. They're quite popular over there...

Attachments

• IMG_20180913_153744155.jpg
    IMG_20180913_153744155.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20180913_153734563.jpg
    IMG_20180913_153734563.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 85

Back
Top Bottom