There's never a good word said for

Target Fixation.
Why not?
Its great on twisty roads. :confused:

Only, if you hit what you're aiming for.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

The point you should be focused on is never hit while you're focused on it, when you do hit it your focus will be further ahead...Target fixation is about not being able to let go.

...now let your silly thought go and move on:D

Target Fixation.
Why not?
Its great on twisty roads. :confused:

Think you have chosen the wrong words. To be fixated is to be focused on one point which is were you will arrive, be it a tree a wall hedge etc. Observations and focal vision is better for the twisty roads

So hitting my braking point, or the apex, turn in or correct exit line is wrong ?

What about hitting the right position, and the correct gear and speed for a hazard; is that incorrect too ?

It always depends upon what the target is, and if you have the actual ability to do it.

So hitting my braking point, or the apex, turn in or correct exit line is wrong ?

It's not wrong but is wrong if your focus is just to that point, your bike should not be somewhere your mind was not 5 seconds before.

When you hit the point/line you want your focus should be 5+ seconds further down the road.

Target fixation is about not seeing anything else but that point, a bit like you are now trying to make your point :D

My target fixation, is to arrive at my destination safely.

I am unsure why you believe fixation means the exclusion of other factors.

Not sure what point you think you're making.

Still; as long as you're happy in your own little world.

Think you have chosen the wrong words. To be fixated is to be focused on one point which is were you will arrive, be it a tree a wall hedge etc. Observations and focal vision is better for the twisty roads

So if your target is the 'vanishing point' and you fixate on it as you ride on twisty roads you are doing something wrong? It moves, sure but your should be focused on it fairly acutely.

So if your target is the 'vanishing point' and you fixate on it as you ride on twisty roads you are doing something wrong? It moves, sure but your should be focused on it fairly acutely.

Fixated on a non fixed point - I'd say the wrong is he crap use of words to describe what you're meaning :D

The vanishing point does not move.

You move in relation to the corner.

I'm no expert here, but if I was asked to explain the vanishing point I'd describe it as:

A point you're trying to push away as far as possible through positioning and it's a point that you are either accelerating towards as it moves away from you or braking towards as it comes towards you.

If I'm correct then I'd say the vanishing point continually moves and through positioning that's partially in your control.

The limit point moves, only, in relation to the positioning and speed of approach.

If, as an example you stop at the kerb does the limit point move ?

No, it is stationary.

It is all relative however.

The point is to use all information available to your best advantage.

I often ask these questions.

Why, do you take cornering position ?

To enable the vehicle to be better balanced and for better visibility.

Why ?

So that you can see the hazard earlier.

Why ?

So that you can respond to it.

Far to often I see advanced motorcyclists taking cornering position, but not then using the information, to their best advantage.

Sadly, some think that having "passed" any advanced test taken, this is an end in itself.

It is only the beginning of the journey, which have many routes, but one destination.

A safer rider.

The limit point moves, only, in relation to the positioning and speed of approach.

If, as an example you stop at the kerb does the limit point move ?

No, it is stationary.

It is all relative however.

The point is to use all information available to your best advantage.

I often ask these questions.

Why, do you take cornering position ?

To enable the vehicle to be better balanced and for better visibility.

Why ?

So that you can see the hazard earlier.

Why ?

So that you can respond to it.

Far to often I see advanced motorcyclists taking cornering position, but not then using the information, to their best advantage.

Sadly, some think that having "passed" any advanced test taken, this is an end in itself.

It is only the beginning of the journey, which have many routes, but one destination.

A safer rider.

You been talking to Mr Beattie ? lol.

He's been talking to me !!!

I was out playing with Rhoddie before he and Dave McCutcheon also did a day of; so how crap are you really.

Was out with Bob C, whose now got a crossdresser, sorry crosstourer.

You're all right. :D
It's just the use of English to define it and pin down what it is.
My 2 cents,
what we're actually talking about is Limit Point analysis.
It's a wonderful thing, when we get it right :augie. A great tool to diagnose how we get it wrong. The first tool we reach for after learning Roadcraft and putting it into practise.
... if Riding is about enjoying a Ride, having fun - and coming home at the end.

:nenau

Back
Top Bottom