Best protective denim style jeans - gggoooo!!

Philsilva

Reaction score
Just thinking of buying a pair of jeans for summer riding and possible days at work.

With the above in mind, waterproofing isn't such an issue but comfort is, and obviously protection is the prime concern. What is the general feeling on jeans and any if you have experience/preferences your thoughts would be gladly appreciated :bounce1

You've got a few to choose from: Bull-it; Roadskin; Hood; RST; Oxford

Roadskin are 'reputed' to be the best on the market according to reviews & I was going to buy a pair but (personal experience only) found their customer services to be appalling.

I therefore bought a pair of Hood m/c jeans; well made, machine washable, (light) showerproof, D30 armour, comfortable (I had to go up 1 waist size as I have large thighs), aramid (kevlar) covers 85% or so of the internal lining - customer service experience was excellent.

Alpinestar ones are super-comfy since there is elastic mixed in with the denim. Drawbacks are, there is no hip armour and the Kevlar lining is only present in certain areas (not. 100% lined)

I think I bought mine from Fc moto , ( a while ago)
I must admit if buying again I'd chose jeans with the D30 hip armour.
(Like the Hood ones recommended above)

Here is a link that shows the key features

https://youtu.be/dXi_UAd-pUw

If you have the cash the ROKKER Revolution are the best on the market, and are totally waterproof, but they run at least 500 euros.

Thank you, everyone, for your responses. I've got some good options to look at here although I think the HOOD ones tick all of my boxes at the moment so I'll give them a look frst.

Many thanks once again all of you and hope to see you on the road soon :thumb :tarka

I'm a fan of Hornee Jeans...........

Use stocking-knee armour, whatever jeans you go for - the armour is more likely to stay in position in a tumble. Armour slotted into pockets in the jeans knee - is quite likely to slip round on impact.

Al

your buying for summer riding ? just wait till next year then and get some through the winter at a show when they are a bit cheaper

Love my Draggin Holeshot. They're fully CE level 2 approved, so confident of protection.

They're all day comfortable, great in hot weather. I wear them all year round and just put some Berghaus Paclite over them in winter or if it's raining.

I'm also a advocate for Hornee Jeans. That said, I've not slid down the road in either of my pairs of them so can't comment on how good they are when it comes to the crunch (Excuse the pun)

Aldi bike jeans with kevlar and pads. Great for the two Summer rides youre going to get, then take the pads out and good for normal jean use. Best fitting/cut of denim Ive had since Levis in the early 70's for me. The remaining stock is now £19.99! 5 hundred euros for a pair? Oh perleassssssse. Oh, cos they're waterproof? Not thermal ? SUMMER trousers? :blast
Some of you are just not right in the fekkin head.

:rob

Aldi bike jeans with kevlar and pads. Great for the two Summer rides youre going to get, then take the pads out and good for normal jean use. Best fitting/cut of denim Ive had since Levis in the early 70's for me. The remaining stock is now £19.99! 5 hundred euros for a pair? Oh perleassssssse. Oh, cos they're waterproof? Not thermal ? SUMMER trousers? :blast

I'll let you test how good they are sliding down a road at 40mph then...

I have some Draggin Jeans, they're fine, some Furygan ones that are very good and some roadskin ones that feel great and I'm 100% happy with. Try a few on at somewhere like Get Geared and see which fit and feel best.

I'll let you test how good they are sliding down a road at 40mph then...

I have some Draggin Jeans, they're fine, some Furygan ones that are very good and some roadskin ones that feel great and I'm 100% happy with. Try a few on at somewhere like Get Geared and see which fit and feel best.

Amazing !!!

People are happy to part with £15k plus for a bike but then wear cheap helmets and crap jeans from a supermarket.........

I like my Klim KFifty 1's, good armour, look like "normal" jeans and usual Klim quality and super comfy on and off the bike. They just come up on the large side.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EjlXZaBaMQg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm a fan of Hornee Jeans...........

Use stocking-knee armour, whatever jeans you go for - the armour is more likely to stay in position in a tumble. Armour slotted into pockets in the jeans knee - is quite likely to slip round on impact.

Al

Thats really good advise and worth the xtra 5 mins of getting the armour to sit properly. I had a pair and used the armour that came with them which riding some green lanes and came off. As I landed on my knees after bouncing down the rocks the knee armour moved and broke the side off my knee cap as the armour moved.................. extremely painful for a long time so next time I will use the tube type!

Well, I value my legs at more than £500, but if you do value yours at £19.99, then by all means no fecker on here will be stopping you from buying Aldi jeans. :rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing !!!

People are happy to part with £15k plus for a bike but then wear cheap helmets and crap jeans from a supermarket.........

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom