T C light staying on s1000R

telbenj

Reaction score
The traction control light is staying on on my S1000R I've turned the bike on and off but it still stays on.
Obviously I will book it in to be checked out, but if any one has had this and it's a simple fix let me know thanks.

Also the bike wheelies on exelaration so the functions of it are not working.

Terry

Hey, have you accidently switched it off ? it can be a faulty switch, wheel sensor/ abs rings, or the tilt / g-force sensor or connections, its unlikely to be a pcm or ecu. Have you done anything to it recently? Where about are you ? If local i could plug it in while you wait. Im in Harlow BTW....
Mick

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheers all no not turned it off even when you first turn the bike on only the abs light flashes the T C light stays on solid went out for a spin today and after about 30 or 40 miles it turned of and is now fine.

Will keep an eye on it and mention it at the next service.

Cheers for the offer Mikethebike, very kind of you but I am a bit too far away

Terry

Mine did this, although it started with the ESA warning, then a few miles later, traction control and finally the revcounter became notchy....

Fault: Not tight battery terminal. Its wasnt really loose, just enough to wriggle the terminal. Worth a try as its an easy check.

Yes I had seen this on a previous post and it was the first thing I checked, the last thing I wanted was to take it in to the dealer only to be told the battery terminal was lose after me fitting the charging cable lol

Fingers crossed it is all good now, and will mention it at the next service.

Terry

Just another note when I had the GS and you switched from single to 2 up you could physically see the preload adjustment on the shock
On my S 1000 it does not move at all, is this right or is mine defective, if someone has the time to check that would be great.

Cheers Terry

Back
Top Bottom