Route not highlighted in pink after update

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottpa

Reaction score
Hi, I have a bit of a strange one. I have just update my Navigator 5 to firmware 3.40 (Motorrad 9.0) and map CN Europe 2018.20.

Before the update, when the unit had calculated a route, it would be displayed on the map highlighted in pink. This was very useful to glance at.

Since doing the update, the route is no longer highlighted in pink and this is a bit annoying. I have looked though the menu to see if this is now an option but I can;t see anything.

Has anyone else experienced this/ can pont me in the direction of the setting? Not sure what to do next, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Alan

Are you displaying the route as a track, perhaps? A track is dark grey / black in colour by default.

A route, created within the device itself or from within Garmin's own BaseCamp / Mapsource software is magenta (pink, in your world) by default.

If the route line is not magenta (pink) what colour are you seeing, you didn't tell us.

As usual, it would be helpful if you shared one of your 'non-pink' routes with us, as we could then run it on our own devices to see what colour the route displayed in. It needn't be long, just enough for us to see it and its properties, if any.

some that had an issue with the Nav 6 and the upgrade, did a re loading of it and it cleared it out

Are you displaying the route as a track, perhaps? A track is dark grey / black in colour by default.

A route, created within the device itself or from within Garmin's own BaseCamp / Mapsource software is magenta (pink, in your world) by default.

If the route line is not magenta (pink) what colour are you seeing, you didn't tell us.

As usual, it would be helpful if you shared one of your 'non-pink' routes with us, as we could then run it on our own devices to see what colour the route displayed in. It needn't be long, just enough for us to see it and its properties, if any.

Sorry for not being clear, this is any route, I don't use routes per-se, I have favourites and then just use where to. It happens for any route for example, click on where to, select BMW Motorrad for example and then select nearest and go. The unit goes through the calculation and then starts routing. The route is not highlighted in any colour, that's the problem. The turns are still shown on the map as arrows but the actual route is not displayed on the map.

Thanks for the info. I will try backing up my favourites and do a factory reset and see if that fixes the problem, the unit appears to be up to date with the firmware, at least Garmin Express does not report any updates.

Sorry for not being clear, this is any route, I don't use routes per-se, I have favourites and then just use where to. It happens for any route for example, click on where to, select BMW Motorrad for example and then select nearest and go. The unit goes through the calculation and then starts routing. The route is not highlighted in any colour, that's the problem. The turns are still shown on the map as arrows but the actual route is not displayed on the map.

OK

What software / firmware versions is your Nav V device showing as being installed within it?

Thanks for the info. I will try backing up my favourites and do a factory reset and see if that fixes the problem, the unit appears to be up to date with the firmware, at least Garmin Express does not report any updates.

All fixed, I did a factory reset (https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch/en-GB/faq/content/5pkqQBOE9L4qzpvROpQ1R8) and this has restored the magenta (thank you for colour identification) route highlighting on the map. It didn't even wipe out my favourites :) Bit of a relief as I am off to Scotland at the weekend and will be needing the satnav.

Thanks all for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom