Auto Electrician who can Fix Guzzis Needed

Watty100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Asking this for for a friend in need.........can anyone recommend someone competent in the electrical mysteries of the modern Guzzi?

2010 Stelvio, keeps blowing reg/rec, starter relay, fuse to headlight/indicators/horn/alternator exciter (thats just one fuse).

Now fed up with changing components in the vain hope it will cure its problems, he's decided to bite the bullet and seek professional help, any recommendations, preferably West Midlands area please?

Asking this for for a friend in need.........can anyone recommend someone competent in the electrical mysteries of the modern Guzzi?

2010 Stelvio, keeps blowing reg/rec, starter relay, fuse to headlight/indicators/horn/alternator exciter (thats just one fuse).

Now fed up with changing components in the vain hope it will cure its problems, he's decided to bite the bullet and seek professional help, any recommendations, preferably West Midlands area please?

Sounds like the same problem I had on my 2014 Stelvio. It's the headlamp/Alternator 5pin relay. I believe the OEM was Spanish made. It gets overloaded and blows the 30amp fuse. I swapped mine for a Bosch item and had no problem after that.
I try and dig out some more info.

Just remembered, if the bike has spotlamps check they are not shorting out on the body of the lamp. This was a very common problem.

Edit: The part number for the Bosch relay is 0332209151

Last edited:
Sounds like the same problem I had on my 2014 Stelvio. It's the headlamp/Alternator 5pin relay. I believe the OEM was Spanish made. It gets overloaded and blows the 30amp fuse. I swapped mine for a Bosch item and had no problem after that.
I try and dig out some more info.

Just remembered, if the bike has spotlamps check they are not shorting out on the body of the lamp. This was a very common problem.

Edit: The part number for the Bosch relay is 0332209151

Thanks for that info, passed on to my mate.......he says he's checked the spotlamps and all is well. But I'll get him to have another look:rob

If that doesn't work try Streffords in Worcester (www.streffords.net/home.html). They have been a MG dealer for many years but just passed it over because MG want a flashy new dealership which they are not up for! Nevertheless, they still have the same guys who have always been there working on Guzzis.

or this guy, knows his Guzzi's...https://towzatronics.com/services/

Sadly this is on the front page of his website:
REPAIRS
As from 30th April 2017 we will no longer be accepting Motorcycles for repairs. We are only able to undertake Full or Partial rewires due to semi retirement and relocation.

Thanks for the other tips, I will pass them on, hopefully get the old git back on the road soon. Just in time for winter!

Back
Top Bottom