F650GS Immobiliser

Tangman

Reaction score
Hi, new to site and looking to buy a 2010 650GS 800cc. Does this model have an immobiliser as standard? Looks to have 'ordinary' keys, no blippers or anything.

Thanks

Keith

Immobiliser is built in, around the ignition switch is a black ring, this is the ring antenna that reads the chip in the key. If you have an unauthorised key (or someone forces the ignition switch) then the computer won't allow the bike to start

Hi, new to site and looking to buy a 2010 650GS 800cc. Does this model have an immobiliser as standard? Looks to have 'ordinary' keys, no blippers or anything.

Thanks

Keith

Some have the factory option alarm complete with blippers

Immobilser issues G650GS

When I bought my bike as an 11 month old from BMW Motorrad I had to seek a second immobiliser key replacement from them.

Today I changed my battery from my primary immobiliser key and shock horror it failed to recognise the bike.

After searching through how to get the bike to recognise the immobiliser I had success but with only one of the keys.

Any explanations as to why this should be (I went through the programming procedure several times and am sure I got it right :confused:

When I bought my bike as an 11 month old from BMW Motorrad I had to seek a second immobiliser key replacement from them.

Today I changed my battery from my primary immobiliser key and shock horror it failed to recognise the bike.

After searching through how to get the bike to recognise the immobiliser I had success but with only one of the keys.

Any explanations as to why this should be (I went through the programming procedure several times and am sure I got it right :confused:

The OP is talking F650GS, an 800 twin. This has a key containing a chip, that has to be recognised by the ring antenna before it will allow the bike to start. If both keys are brought within range of the RA together, problems will emerge, which any dealer should be able to sort. There is no battery in the key, only in the alarm remote if fitted.

However I wonder, is yours an F series twin or a G 650 single - the nomenclature often creates misunderstandings?

I assume you mean alarm not immobiliser, there's no battery in the OEM key.

There is a set process for re pairing alarm fobs, if you have problems your local dealer can do it in minutes

Back
Top Bottom